SOTD: Saturday 2 September - Friday 8 September 2023

SOTD: 2nd September 2023.

a.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066 Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 37C.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezings,/ Cold Water Face Rinse./ Alum Rub./Cold Water Face Rinse. /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Paco Rabanne Pour Homme ASL./ Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

For the next month I will be focusing on using my SE razors, Slant razors, and using a variety of Boar, Horse hair, and synthetic brushes and also be using my shave sticks occasionally with my set ups throughout the month and continue to use a variety of DE blades.

The Kent/MWF as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel...I've stated many times in my postings that I could easily shave with Kent/MWF shaving soap forever, but like everyone else I like variety with my shaves.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt230902u6c2k.jpg

- Zingari The Explorer
- DSC "Green Wave" A2S Soft Synthetic
- Mühle Hexagon with Feather blade
- Brut Original aftershave

:D

Lothur Dave
Yaqi timberwolf
Razorock gamechanger 68
Gillette platinum
Dendi pure aftershave

Gave Lothur another chance to prove me wrong. It didn't succeed. Although performances are good they for me are not top notch as some other artisans and I get constant tingling sensation like it's going to start burning any moment. I'll get through this tub and won't buy it anymore.
PSX_20230901_210241.jpg

02/09/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
Wk 37 (1).jpg
Its a real shame that ATT are no more, they did produce a very good razor, the X1 slant is no exception. Fitted with the Guarded Feather, for me, it produces a very comfortable shave. A very slick, thick lather from the Signature soap and Alpha brush, built up as usual on the face. Plenty for the shave and more.
3 Passes for an easy BBS finish, a very nice post shave routine to round the shave off.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday 2nd September
The Karve Overlander is beautifully crafted and in matt brass has that vintage look about it. I used a blade that is new to me, the Croma diamant. This combo didn’t disappoint, however the quality of a blade is more than just how good it is on its first use. Longevity, within reason is also clearly important. I shall continue with this blade during the week and see how it goes. Mind you I have so many blades that if I used each one only once I wouldn’t need to buy anymore for several years, so what the hell am I worrying about :ROFLMAO:
Williams soap produced a quick and creamy lather, not much scent but is soft and easy on the face.
The usual 2 passes wtg and atg plus pick ups achieved a bbs finish with no issues at all. 10/10 for the Karve.
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0265.jpeg

SOTD 02-Sep
20230901_144313.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: HoM Shire 2
Razor: Frederick Reynolds Swayback

Absolutely cracking shave this morning, the newly acquired shire 2 scent is brilliant. It's a weird one, a tobacco scent but light and fresh, I've not come across many like that though this is probably helped along by the W-23 in the splash.

This is also my new favourite straight, it's even knocked the Friodur 17 off its pedestal. The aesthetics just appeal to me and the weight is excellent. The only thing that worries me is the smiling edge when it comes maintenance, to youtube I go!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

IMG_2734.jpeg
SOTD: 02/09/2023

Razor: Yaqi Romulus
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: House Of Mammoth Indigo Croap
Balm: The Inkey List Vitamin B, C And E Moisturiser Balm
Fragrance: Afnan 9pm EdP

This razor is a bit of an oddity, buttery smooth and mild, BBS close and efficient on areas of my neck I normally struggle with such as the soft sides of either side of my Adam’s apple, yet only getting DFS in others. Todays shave was much more effective than the last, breaking the golden rule by adding a little pressure helped as did using a shallower angle than most razor’s. I’m going to do a comparison shave against the new Shield AC1 tomorrow and then against the Excalibur the day after. But at this point I can confidently say to anyone that says it’s a Vector clone it’s not, it’s almost the polar opposite. Whether that’s a good or bad thing I’m still undecided.

2 September

Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Omega 48 Professional
Rex Ambassador
Personna med prep
Village Barber balm

155E9CDB-4B49-409E-AB31-444594697A10.jpeg
Stunning achievement…or complete fluke! Either way, a very fine two pass, close and comfortable shave this morning with a good lather and no fade. I changed a couple of things in the way I used the brush this time and I got a surprise. Performance similar to a badger costing much more? Well nearly.

Why hello chaps and welcome to my first SOTD of this new week and one which arrives from Holland and themed, 'Jars of cream and electricity'

20230901_192459.jpg

Electric razor - Gillete Fusion Proglide
Positively charged blade - Whatever it is which fits the above
Potential difference brush - PAA Pelegrino
Assaulting battery - Signature Soaps Valentia
Electric fruit - Hermes eau de Rhubarb

'And Mr Friendly welcomes you to excursions in shaving'

Leiden the Netherlands. Home of Rembrandt and the cultivation of electricity in jars. It also happens to be the place for a short break with Mrs Satanfriendly. And big windmills.

20230902_111623.jpg

And a shave? Slightly different to my usual, but no choice as the only thing a person wishing for smoothness as against to being one of those strange bearded folk can carry on a plane. Strange bearded folk, Orcs, trolls? Oddly Captain Fawcett's sent me an offer of 30% off beard products as part of National Beard Day. Sod that. In the words of The Bloodhound Gang, 'You must die, I alone am best'

And my shave in a jar? Not bad at all for a cartridge razor and certainly quick and comfortable. Good job there are no limitations on soap and I managed to at least bring something decent on that side. Strangely my bag went to one side for inspection and can't quite believe it was all because of my shaving brush. Tell me everyday folk have never seen a shaving brush before?

A slap of Collegen and a spray from a sample of the rather nice Rhubarb from Hermes and ready to take on Leiden and their attack of the Electric jars.

A very pleasant shave and grin value 7.

Just takes me to say 'I love you all' and have a very pleasant weekend. Not entirely Japanese girly, but they do have a very nice lady vocalist and a cracking transgender guitarist. Say hello to Blood Stain Child and their superb track 'Electricity'...

Sat 2
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor & Blade RazoRock G37 Slant / JAWS Platinum
Love this soap & matching splash for the intoxicating scent & cooling sensation. The lather is always great...nicely whipped up by the excellent brush! The shave with this slant razor paired with the blade was very enjoyable...
20230902_115914.jpg

02/09/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - Signature Soap Valentia
Razor - ATT X1 Slant
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Signature Soap Valentia
View attachment 110738
Its a real shame that ATT are no more, they did produce a very good razor, the X1 slant is no exception. Fitted with the Guarded Feather, for me, it produces a very comfortable shave. A very slick, thick lather from the Signature soap and Alpha brush, built up as usual on the face. Plenty for the shave and more.
3 Passes for an easy BBS finish, a very nice post shave routine to round the shave off.
I did enjoy that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
Thank you Tony. Best Regards Brian

Back
Top Bottom