SOTD: Saturday 20 April - Friday 26 April 2024.

Another great shave with this razor and blade combo. Another great combo is the Floid a blue homage shaving soap and aftershave splash.
Really top-notch smells and excellent shaving and post-shave performances here!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: PAL Injectomatic black and gold (1960s)
Blade: Schick Ultra Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: RazoRock Barbershop Blue
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue

IMG_20240422_205931~2.jpg

SOTD Mon 22 Apr 2024

Hopefully in the right place this time, shave
F6AEABD7-753B-43D1-B005-2A83D67BF435.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DSCosmetic G7 Coffee
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Gillette 7o’clock SharpEdge (4)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Nice slow paced shave tonight, everything working well together. Reckon I could get another shave out of this blade as it still feels ok, but why push it? Didn’t need the alum either, was ok with just the splash. Face feels great and smells nice.

0465A88B-B5FE-47B2-9917-64CA275A90F6.jpeg
Ok, I was asleep with my tongue out, so?

Last edited:
Tue 23
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor J.R. Torrey 5/8
Aftershave B&M Le Grand Chypre
Nice lather and scent from this cream, brush, and splash combination.
Enjoyed a good shave with this razor. It was refreshed on the HBA and the edge was soft, smooth & comfortably keen...
20240423_070918.jpg

SOTD: 23rd April 2024.

39.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face & Head Lather.
Lather: Nivea Men Body Shaving Stick.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men 2 Phase + P&G Old Spice Original ASL Mixture + Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave)

Another very in-expensive eclectic shave set up where everything paired together wonderfully.

Another incredible performance from the Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone/Dorco Prime Platinum duo. This my new favourite razor & blade set up so far this year.

The Dorco Prime Platinum on it's 3rd outing still feeling smooth & efficient cutting through my face & head stubble with effortless ease.
I will continue to use it with my final shave of the week on Thursday.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday 21st April

AP1GczMAui1bHWI2DXyBla5h-dlg1uNdJJ92xxe2DxvFfZIOgT8dVNLcNOyvM25MPUlLXSOf2EMRpdcNf4BxaNZrS23rnDBGPAejcZTFx97IgrqlLylegcfmAeuEWOkCx8MI2-77kqvVs9a05nJgBlcWS9jXIQ=w800

Meissner Tremonia Bay & Rum Shaving Soap & Shave Factory Pure Bristle
Gillette Ranger Tech w/Weber Bulldog Handle & Elios Inox (3)
DR Harris Bay Rum Aftershave

I really enjoyed this Elios blade - now made by Lord, it felt like a Lord and if I was pressed for a comparison then I'd say the Lord Classic. Highly enjoyable!

I spend most of the day playing out again ...

I've been tasked with reducing my wood pile which is a mixed bag of all sorts of odd and ends, offcuts, full lengths, all sorts. So, I've set about a few little tasks around the garden.

Today, I fenced off this little patio area:

AP1GczOn7j3q_OqqXP5QDgupHuI9yIvr2OLZPNdCrrtY-UfESMqAkqR_jfUi1C6258Lyi89yQ0c6hDCFH-RnDZJBOy9uxexpTQ2CZmYQxt4-8Z5su8Ig80XguxnKohaKjhz3d8w893pbtxdD_uVaLMI76MczJw=w800

I ran out of Featheredge so had to bodge the last little bit - if it sticks out like a sore thumb later, I'll buy three new full length boards and finished the job off proper.

AP1GczPXnL7EZ5BhpRHEDxJxcxt8Nwt4Uh1m_skX222G2Nz57Nsik5Ua7MhqXbmnZGum_2A8_2e-8Osk1nizfx5M8tV8RM5sy2WsbXOWP9WvXSxDVLhwT1q3nnLRYSKy3O1bu-FfZkYz2tLutCCvv4WYBGrmGQ=w800

Bit more context?

AP1GczNbpBI8ZYxlspG8WIyfbL2wHz2ts11fYkiadHxaLHmEp9ryyC4LydJl6Tsf0_kbdr66A6e6CqA0BG-0GWZx7FXlORCeJvTMKagG3qIVsFfg5Lh7F5OXZ7mToCC8OPp_AJ4Ly1Jk44f-EBmsHKJBKPp2rA=w800

All that tunnelling is an outdoor run for my cats. Why not let them roam? Psychos and other mal-adjusted people. Shooting, running over, kicking, catnapping. No thanks. My cats, we're a family and I look after my family. This is the best compromise.

Anyway, enough of the distasteful underbelly of British people ...

I also built a ballustrade for our cabin which you can see in that last picture. I'll need to buy some wire to run through. It's a stop-gap, but will probably become permanent. I think I did a good job. Mrs approves. That's all the thumbs-up I need.

Have a great week everyone!

What a beautiful home with stunning views, just idyllic...and a tremendous achievement...oh and the bodger in me would just slap some creosote on that excellent fence repair!

Tue 23rd April

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
Officina Artigiana soap
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 1 )
Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

Binned the last blade after 7 outings, and with a fresh blade had a really nice Shave with a great close all round finish. An excellent lather from the soap which I should use more as it does produce a good lather to work with.

IMG_0320.jpeg

23 April

PAA Solstice
Blackland Signature
ATT SE1 Calypso aluminium
Feather Professional
Proraso Sensitive balm

5BEDC5A5-1D65-47F6-8BDD-C68403DC8062.jpeg
I have not used the lightweight, all aluminium SE1 for a long time, particularly not with a Feather Professional blade. I think my problem was using pressure to compensate for the lightness. Big mistake!
This morning it was a delight to use, using no pressure led to a very close and irritation free shave. Of course, a good lather of Solstice, helped facilitate the process. Altogether a surprisingly good shave and with that the Above The Tie razor is back in the regular rotation.

23/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Hone 15S
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
Wk 17 (4).jpg
I really have been impressed with the quality of the shave from the HONE / Wizamet combination. So smooth and comfortable.
Enjoy your day all.

20240423_111813~2.jpg

My Artisinal April Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Omega Tricolore.
Soap Signature soaps Eboracum.
Razor Thorn.
Blade Nacet.
Aftershave Yardley Gold.

Today I wanted to test run my new Omega brush and found it a little too soft for me, I did get a nice lather going and I like the look of the brush.
A 2 pass plus a couple of touches to make it a lovely close shave.
Enjoy the day.

Attachments

• 20240423_111813~2.jpg
    20240423_111813~2.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 2
23/04/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - DS Cosmetics synth
Soap - D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor - Hone 15S
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Pinaud Gents Gin
View attachment 119697
I really have been impressed with the quality of the shave from the HONE / Wizamet combination. So smooth and comfortable.
Enjoy your day all.
Looks great on the stand tone.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Back
Top Bottom