SOTD : Saturday 23th - Friday 1st March 2019

0379fdc2f9a6e0ef90e1bbafb5b02b2e.jpg

Razor: Karve
Blade: Timor
Soap: Chiseled Face Zoologist Hummingbird!!

notes:
zoologist smells are genius!

Sunday, 24 February 2019

PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: Floris 89
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Gillette Sputnik (5)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 89

The fifth and final shave with the Sputnik: my interim verdict is that they're ok, but not great. And it wasa Floris day with the cream and fragrance: a nice way to begin a Sunday.

Have a good end to the weekend, folks.

Sun 24th Feb
Cyril Salter/Maseto ED 2 Band
Vitos Super Red
Mongoose B3
Schick Proline ( 9)
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

Get the right amount of moisture in this brush , and it creates a super lather from the Vitos. Despite the blade being on its 9th outing,the Shave was smooth comfortable and pleaseingly close all round.

IMG_0381.jpg

SOTD Friday 21 - Saturday 24 February 2019

Pre-shave: Cold water splash, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser.
Cream: Kielh's Lite Flite.
Brush: Shavemac ' The Flat Top' Slivertip.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedstal Wet Shaving Bowl.
Razor: The Colonial General (Alu).
Blade: Feather Professional.
Post: Cold water, Pitralon Swiss, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Geo. F. Trumper Paisley Cologne.

When I first started SE shaving, I used the Feather Professional, but quickly moved onto the Kai Captain (Mild) Pink blade - I found the Feather to 'scratchy' and a tad aggressive.

I decided to give the Feather another try - wow; 2 excellent shaves on Friday and Saturday - very close to the best shaves ever. Friday's was possibly the best - a 2 pass shave - WTG, XTG face with WTG, ATG neck. A BBS finish, with no issues; a lovely shave - skin felt so good after.

I got greedy on Saturday - went for a 3 pass shave; no major issues, some irritation on my neck, which went away in 30 minutes. Dolphin smooth on Saturday.

SOTD Sunday 24 February 2019

Pre-shave: Cold water splash, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser, the Gentleman's Groom Room Pre Shave +.
Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender.
Brush: Muhle Fibre, Silver Tip Synthetic.
Bowl: Giles Shaving Co - Spotty Pedstal Wet Shaving Bowl.
Razor: Karve (C Plate).
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1).
Post: Cold water, Myrsol Balsamic Water, followed by Ibiza Aloe - Geo. F. Trumper Paisley Cologne.

Not much to shave off today - I wanted a mild shave, decided to load up the Karve (C Plate) - a very nice 2 pass shave. Great protective lather from the Castle Forbes - the Gentleman's Groom Room Pre Shave + is amazing - produces a nice protective layer - great skin care properties.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

All the best,

Chris

Back
Top Bottom