SOTD: Saturday 24 February - Friday 1 March 2024.

Razor- Rockwell (plate 4)
Blade- Personna
Brush- ES synthetic
Soap- Trumper’s Cream, Spanish Leather

I gave the Fat a miss so I could try out my other acquisition. The Trumper’s cream is excellent, as most of you know. The Spanish Leather is a fantastic scent… just pips the Eucris in my opinion, but I’ve got both… woohoo!

Tried plate 4 n the Rockwell. It was a bit like my Gillette cartridge (weirdly)… very close and smooth but left me with some irritation. I also had to concentrate quite a lot… shaving with your tongue sticking out is not a good look… and potentially dangerous. So back to plate 3 for the forseeable.

IMG_0108.jpeg

Monday 26th February

ABLVV87p9oQrpdeEyXaUn8xeRnXZnIoiPkJPFWM_gMFFso8n4bRobL9EZo_SD5b3I8ZGw4DgHy1kzgLZr3g8jGEj2PRyFcjCBdjwyMfn0O_uBsGDW095VLJ5qisftrXCOJCHtUFX2XT7G2N1b30IqvLOtpRIEg=w800

Fat February ... and another lanolin-enriched soap adventure!

Hampshire Woolfat Shaving Soap & Mohawk w/Purtech Synthetic 22mm
PAL Injector & Schick (Japan) Injector (1)
Gillette Trac-II Twinjector & Schick (Japan) Twinjector (13)
Pashana Original Aftershave

After an aborted attempt with a PAL injector and Schick (Chick) blades, I bought in some Japanese Schick singles. I have (and love) the Japanese twin-injector blades, but even the single in these PALs does not float my boat. This year is about using what I love (and echoing @exists who told me recently that this approach reminded him of "... advice that we were told by rangers when we went hiking in Alaska, about the food we carried: eat your best stuff first and that way, you are always eating the best food") I switched to my Gillette Trac-II Twinjector with a now well-used Schick (Japan) twin blade. That's better ...

Splash of Pash for afters and all is well with the world.

Lovely to be using the Hampshire Woolfat again. I thought it nice for the dwindling days of Fat February. I'm pretty much off artisinal soaps now (again, like 'em, well some of 'em ... don't necessarily love 'em) but this is one that I think I'll get another refill or three in.

If there's an Artisinal April month, I think I could scrape enough soaps together that I love to do that.

SOTD Mon 26 Feb 2024

Penultimate fat, shave23D3DC58-8419-4C1D-93AD-A46D761016E1.jpegPrep - shower
Bowl - glass
Soap - MWF (new formulation)
Brush - Semogue 1305 boar
Razor - Muhle r89 Twist
Blade - Dorco Titan (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Boots Freshwood Aftershave
Balm - Boots Freshwood Balm

Good shave for a nasty, cold, rainy Monday. The fat was plump and plentiful, the R89 Twist was just wonderful and even the blade held up it’s end. These Titans are odd though, I find, I can hardly feel there is a blade, but they do shave ok, although it did take about 4 passes. No irritation though. New AS and Balm tonight, the AS is quite nice, and strong enough for me to not use EDT after, but the balm I’m not sure about. It is quite thick (although I was asking it particularly hard questions!) and left my face feeling a bit greasy. In my dad’s day I reckon it could have doubled up as Brylcreem!

C6B8E66E-0504-4BBF-98C6-00C164E13A04.jpeg
All was peaceful in the tired and finally dry, collie world. The new aftershave covering any trace of sheep, pig, or any other farmyard whiffs. So she gratefully slumbered!

20240226_130338.jpg
Fat February shave.
My Shave today consisted of..
Hot shower with Signature soaps Shower scrub.
Prep Proraso preshavebalm.
Brush Yaqi lucky dice synthetic.
Soap Mitchell's Wool Fat tallow.
Razors Occam's Oren and Raz=r
Blade Feather Pro 6th use.
Aftershave Rouge.

Great shave with awesome products except for the Feather Pro blade, it shaved fine last use but this time it was as sharp as my finger nail.
After many may many passes I finally got a satisfactory shave but it went straight into the bin, odd as I usually get 10 good shaves as a rule.
Have a great day everyone.

Back
Top Bottom