SOTD: Saturday 24 - Friday 30 August 2024.

30/08/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Schick Proline PB 30
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Lime E45 / Argan oil Balm
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine

A lovely set up for a wonderful shave.
Enjoy your day all.

Not used this shave soap for several years. I bought it NOS and the box had a date of 1991.
The Lather is excellent and easy and quick to produce. The scent is still incredibly strong. Almost Arko levels of aroma, but fortunately a much classier smell!

The blade and razor didn't pair that well for me which was a shame.

The aftershave is great!

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Ralph Lauren Safari
Aftershave: Goya Cedarwood

30 August

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Simpson Duke 3
Rex Ambassador (3)
Treet Platinum
Proraso Sensitive balm

A lovely shave, very close and comfortable with razor on a setting of 3. The Rex Ambassador was very comfortable with the Treet blade. Partially, I suspect, because of the mountain of lather the Simpson Duke Platinum fibre synthetic created from the Mitchell’s. This setting is usually at the high end of what my face will accept, but, today it felt just right.

Razor = Ikon B1 ( OSS )
Blade = Gillette Super Thin Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Chisel & Hound V15 Adventure Series
Soap = Zingari Man The Rambler
with matching Splash & Balm.

Ah what a shave, A Straight 10/10 i loved every minute of it.
I bought this Soap in May 21 and it’s been first class.
Still a fair bit left but will be done by early next year depending if i use it at home obviously.
The Blade is my number one favourite it has been since i first bought them 3 ish years ago.
it’s actually quite similar to the Brazillian Gillette’s i have although could possibly be the same blade who knows.
Well i’m sad to say the Norwegian weather has caught up with me.
Rain Rain & more Rain.
Although it could be worse it could be Raining
Never Mind
Adios Amigos

Razor - Rockwell S6 R3
Blade - Gillette Perma-Sharp
Brush - Simpson M6
Lather - Extro Pirata

This is the lovely two-pass shave I should have had last time (when I slashed my thumb). The Perma-Sharp can go into the happy corner of the shoebox. It’s rare that a blade doesn’t work well in the Rockwell… bearing in mind that I only buy well-regarded blades… as used by discerning TSR members.

The Extro Pirata has a lovely delicate and slightly sweet scent. It’s worthy of a promotion to Big Tub status… but I’m still working through the second try of all my samples.

All in all, a good do. Have a good weekend, everyone.

SOTD Fri 30 Aug 2024

A hippy hippy shake, shave

DSCosmetic green bowl
Proraso White cream
DSCosmetic G7 brush
Muhle R89 Twist razor
Astra SP blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
‘Rennie’ the rubber duck (of course!)

So this morning I woke up and thought, “For goodness sake, I’ve got the hippy hippy shakes!” Yes, my tremors have been outstanding today! Had to shave tonight as we’re up at the crack of ridiculous tomorrow to visit relatives in Stockport. So went back to my plastic bowl and easy to handle razor and brush. Should also have swapped out the blade as my tremors made me press a bit too hard, which the Astra didn’t like. Result being some irritation and a couple of weepers. Thought I could sort them out with a wipe over of the alum block. Now that was interesting, don’t think I’ve been that close to the bathroom ceiling before, and had plenty of time to study it before drifting gently back down! Apart from that, it was actually a decent shave with the Proraso performing well as usual and the various lotions and potions fixing me up just dandy. All’s well that ends well I suppose, if a bit shaky!

Last edited:
Friday 30th August

Floris JF (Vintage Palmate) Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Wilkinson Sword Classic (Vintage - Metal) & Wilkinson Sword (German) (4)
Jade East (Vintage) Aftershave

Finishing off my week of vintage Floris JF shaving soap with the vintage metal Wilkinson Sword Classic which is absolutely hands-down the nearest to perfection that I've ever used! It's streets ahead of the Sticky, certainly; so well engineered that you just can't feel the blade whatsoever, but the built-in angle just glides over effortlessly and if you were a bit slap-dash it just would not matter. The corners of the blade are protected and by quite a margin, but that does not get in the way of shaving those really intricate areas like directly under the nose.

Absolute engineering perfection!

... and so boring to use.

Jade East was a really good match for the Floris JF soap, which is citrus and a bit musky. I find Floris soaps a little less distinct in scent than, say, Pen's or C&E, certainly from the vintage I'm using which is I suspect 2000s and into the 2010s. It's a scent I like, which is good since the bowl that I bought also came with a refill. I have 89 and Elite as well from the slightly older stearate-first era and so, if 89 is the lightest and pretty much a straight-up citrus and wood, then Elite has all the balls and is almost Quorum sexy ... and JF is somewhere in the middle.

Really enjoyed!

Have a great weekend, guys!