SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th

When I receive the 500 blades I will use a few and report back but I'm sure all will be ok.
Watch this space.
I've used one, and only for the one shave, but I reckon that out of 500, the majority will be as good and therefore worth the money. My current blade stock is as follows:
95 Derby
90 Persona Platinum
40 Voskhod
25 Nacet + 500 on order
30 mix of Feather, Bic, and a couple of other brands

Based on a minimum of 3 shaves per blade, that's almost 6.5 years worth...that's good economics as far as I'm concerned. (Just hope I live that long!)

I worked out how long my blade stock will last (including the 500 Nacets) and at two shaves a blade I have nine years worth, I won't be buying blades for a while!

I worked out how long my blade stock will last (including the 500 Nacets) and at two shaves a blade I have nine years worth, I won't be buying blades for a while!
You go for 2 shaves per blade? At the cheap price compared with cartridges I know people often like to change DE blades after every shave. I tend to go for 3 (no particular reason...if they were more expensive maybe I'd go for fewer)...2 sounds like somewhere between hedonistic and thrifty. Probably the ideal place to be

It's just safe, I never have that feeling of ...I think I need to replace this blade, changing them every shave would be my ideal but I'm not made of money! Ha.

It also means you have around 1,140 other blades!!!

sun 25th Sept
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
La Toja Cream
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick NOS [ 5 -Sweden ]
Alum Rub/Rinse off
La Toja A/S Lotion

Can always manage to get a good shave with one of these razors , it is so good at allowing you to use those small strokes needed to deal with the difficult areas of around the nose and edges of the lips. Using a cream is not a problem if you rinse frequently.
Keep on wondering if the modern S/S SE razors are that much better to justify the expense. Certainly not one that is costly in the first place , and might attract Extra Fees [customs etc ]. Perhaps I am lucky as I can get a really good shave with both the PAL Adjustable & Injecto Matic , I understand a few people cannot get on with them at all.

Sunday 25 September 2016

Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point

What a razor! Although the blade is quite big - this is a 9/8 straight razor - you have the total control of the shaving also thanks to Mastro Livi's snake point. This straight razor is made of forged stainless steel and it proves - once again - Mastro Livi's impeccable craftsmanship in making stainless steel straight razors. I bought this razor two years ago and it still shaves like the first day, it never needed any touch up, not even in chromium oxide paste. I just used, as usual, Mastro Livi loom strop and hand palm in order to achieve a perfect ordinary maintenance of the edge. This morning I used Mitchell's Wool Fat soap again and I like it, easy to lather while ensuring a good moisturizing effect. As for the aftershave, my beloved Floïd Blue did an impeccable job. And I am ready to face the day with an extraordinarily super BBS shave!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Brush: Vie-Long Horse 13061, 24mm knot
  • Bowl: Gerby Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Inox "Grifone", 9/8 Full Hollow, Livi Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue