SOTD Saturday 24th September - Friday 30th

Good Afternoon Gents,

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea face scrub and L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of shaves oil, hot towel and bloom water.
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Soap: D.R.Harris Arlington

Another shave of firsts. Used the S1 with the Nacet and loved it. The soap performed brilliantly, up there with the best I've tried so far and the Thater, well what can I say. It wiped up a great lather and felt sooooo soft. Well chuffed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Cheers
Rob

Last edited:
View attachment 20914 SOTD Sunday 25th September 2016. Good morning one and all.

Prep..Shower MWF bath soap
Pre..Bloom water
Soap..OSP Bay rum
Brush.. Shavemac the green one
Razor.. Hone type 15
Blade..Gillette Nacet #1
Post..Thayers lavender AF
EDP..wow Oud by Ajyad

My first use of this Shavemac brush and I must say I'm impressed with the amount of back bone it has yet still being very soft tipped, it retained its shape very well and resisted blooming into a mushroom as my Kents would do.

It whipped up the OSP Bay rum into a thick and slick lather filling the bathroom with the wonderful scent of crushed bay and lime and there was a hint of clove in the background, very nice.

The Hone and Nancet work so well together leaving me as smooth as a really smooth thing and feeling refreshed and ready for the day.

After the normal witch hazel splash I tried my new EDP Wow Oud and wow it's great, oriental spicy, peppery and smoky, made the dog sneeze buy I love the scent.

Wishing you all a restful Sunday, over and out.

Glad you're happy with your brush. You'll be shocked to hear I want one.:p

Quick question. How does the Hone compare to the S2?

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Astra S/P
Brush - 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap – OSP Eucalyptus + Menthol
Post - Witch Hazel

due to a change in my shifts, I didn't have time for a 'real' shave on Thursday, and had to use a cartridge, and shave butter (headshave setup)..So, you can imagine my delight, having just had a wonderful shave with the Barbaros + Astra S/P combo...yeah, that's put things right...

Glad you're happy with your brush. You'll be shocked to hear I want one.:p

Quick question. How does the Hone compare to the S2?
Yea, real shocked to hear that, ha! Brush hound.
For me the S2 is more efficient but not as smooth as the Hone and using the Nacet blades with the Hone has improved things no end efficient and smooth, so tbh the S2 just wins on whisker slicing action but the Hone wins on its smoothness and you will still get a BBS shave with the Hone. Out of the two if push came to shove I would use the Hone with a Nacet blade. It's just a smoother shave ( for me) still love the S2 though! Not much help I know!

Good Afternoon Gents,

Prep: Hot shower, Nivea face scrub and L'Oreal charcoal face wash.
Pre: King of shaves oil, hot towel and bloom water.
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Brush: Thater 4125/2
Soap: D.R.Harris Arlington

Another shave of firsts. Used the S1 with the Nacet and loved it. The soap performed brilliantly, up there with the best I've tried so far and the Thater, well what can I say. It wiped up a great lather and felt sooooo soft. Well chuffed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Cheers
Rob
Great looking brush mate, you will be shocked to hear I want one!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

El Druida
I Coloniali Mango
AlumiGoose 1
Feather Pro
Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool

IMG_4891-XL.jpg

Yea, real shocked to hear that, ha! Brush hound.
For me the S2 is more efficient but not as smooth as the Hone and using the Nacet blades with the Hone has improved things no end efficient and smooth, so tbh the S2 just wins on whisker slicing action but the Hone wins on its smoothness and you will still get a BBS shave with the Hone. Out of the two if push came to shove I would use the Hone with a Nacet blade. It's just a smoother shave ( for me) still love the S2 though! Not much help I know!

Not much help , no. :rolleyes::p:)
Looks like I'll "have to" buy the Hone aswell.

Had an email from Andrew saying the brass version will be back in stock by end of October.:cool::D

Back
Top Bottom