SOTD: Saturday 25 May - Friday 31 May 2024.

I really like modern London Bridge blades but this one didn't feel quite right in the Red Ring. The result was still very good but the whole time it felt a little scrapey, as if the angle of the razor was not the same as they way the blade was honed. My hypothesis is probably wrong but there was still that odd feeling.
I'll give it another go as blades often feel better in a second shave, and it's possible to get a duff blade.
It's still a four out of five score so it wasn't significant, just unusual given the top quality of Red Ring shaves so far.

The brush came bundled with a little box set from Men Rock in TK Maxx. Shavette, blades (full size DE rather than snapped in half, which is handy), brush, brush stand and shaving cream. Quite a decent amount of cream, too. £10 on clearance.
No markings on the brush or indications on the box. I think most cheap brushes are synthetic these days.
No indication where the blades have come from, although the shavette is from Pakistan so if the blades are too then we're probably looking at something from the Treet family.
I haven't tried the blades yet but watch this space!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: (BORROWED) Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: London Bridge Modern
Brush: Men Rock Unknown. Probably synthetic
Lather: Ach Brito Lavanda
Aftershave: Myrsol Plastic Shave

29 May

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Mühle Classic L
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

A super shave this morning. Loads of magnificent lather. A close and comfortable shave and a post shave balm that despite it’s ridiculously long name is a very fine product (by Scottish Fine Soaps). It is currently a favourite.

29/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Cream Bar
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - Ever Ready 1912 USA
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush Brut

Surprisingly the shave felt quite rough today, i have put it down to the blade dropping off as the USA 1912's are usually one of the smoothest GEM blade razors out there.
The Alum rub gave no irritation and i had just a fleeting sting from the splash so all in all a brilliant result.
The blade has been demoted to the household scraper tin.
Enjoy your day all.

You will find that the animal that supplied the bristles souls departed when they were knocked on the head! P.S I use badger and boar knotted brushes too.
Natural things like hair and wood retain their unique quality that only comes from living things,... you may be proud of your hardwood floors, but you would never brag about hard plastic floors, and they wouldn't feel and sound as nice.