SOTD: Saturday 25 November - Friday 1 December 2023.

20231129_170249.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander LE Badger brush
Soap GFT Eucris.
Razor Blaze.
Blade Feather.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
First outing with the new Eucris shaving cream and once again a solid lather from the Highlander and superb performance from Trumpers.
Today's head and face shave is with the Blaze razor, brought solely because it's the name of my dog.
The face shave was an easy two pass bbs finish but those blooming sharp corners of the razor really do niggle me.
As for the head shave, I have found a winner for my temporary Leaf replacement until I order a new one from Agent Shave after Christmas is out of the way.
I am bald as a Badger and smooth as a baby.
Ps here is the real Blaze in his usual pose this time of night. Spoilt boy.
Have a great evening everyone.
20231129_173654-01.jpeg

Wednesday 29th November

ADCreHeUBhvbSt6zcEoeTTosFpof8571xiQzCxt1tyTY_2x3tBYOSAm5evJvA30rQ3P8gO8sldTzilkYqcM-CbUAaYU9-o9PoaUWNg-v6o9HWiCt4rvY5_vxh_daLZvGQIP4NDM9p9xqo7aNMIeyHt1mNdz3cg=w800

Dr Selby Lavender Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle R89 w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Platinum (3)
Ach Brito Eau de Cologne Lavanda (as Aftershave)

Trying out the R89 on a lightweight and short handle so as to emphasise the weight of the head. My idea worked out well, as it really assisted in guiding my heavy hand to lighten its touch.

... and my goodness! Ach Brito Lavanda is truly gorgeous!

Last edited:
An excellent shave from the Fasan Slant, another razor lent to me by Mike Smart. I'm not entirely sure if this is the double or single slant. Reading around on this forum there is a dot/circle on the razor head but it's not red. It's a cream razor with a red band at the bottom of the handle.

I thought this razor would be very aggressive and bite. But I found it really efficient without causing irritation except when really pushing my luck on the bottom of my neck. The result was some weepers but a super efficient shave, and I think the aqueous cream will have a regular place in my shave routine from now on.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Fasan Slant
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Tabac Stick (tallow)
Additional Care: Aqueous Cream
Screenshot_20231129-205517.png

2B27507D-0D0B-4ABA-B132-204C9C11137A.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 Super
Schick Krona
Wizamet S.I.(2)
Fine Santal Absolut
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s

A great shave enriched by a trio of sandalwood scents.
Particularly taken by my recent acquisition of Trumper’s Sandalwood Cologne.
It’s heady and intoxicating. I will have to pick up the cream at some point.

Enjoy yours chaps.

SOTD Wednesday 29 November 2023

F0F758CF-BAD7-4F8A-B039-D891840E967B.jpeg
Preparation - Shower, Imperial Leather face wash

Crockery - Glass bowl, mug of tea (still warm)

Brushware - Clubman Pinaud synthetic

Cutlery - Merkur 34C razor, Derby Extra blade (5), small spoon for perfect amount of cream (antique mustard spoon found in back of cutlery drawer and repurposed in the hope that it can be useful for the tub of ‘posh’ cream I am hoping for at Christmas - well, I’ve dropped enough hints!)

Condiments - Proraso Red, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Service - Snow here today so a hot shower and close shave was called for and delivered by the assembled excellent produce listed above.

71529A0A-73B3-453C-856B-36DC3E817734.jpeg
You’ve done it a bit different tonight, nice to see you experimenting!
Yeah, well when you pulled me over in the snow in the park this morning I hurt my back, so have been trying not to stretch and bend!
Sorry, I did get a bit excited didn’t I?
You always do when you see snow!
Oh.

NB. We have been watching rather a lot of Masterchef recently, apologies!

Last edited:

SOTD: 30th November 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega S10018.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Blade: Lord Silver Star. (D4)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./ P&G Old Spice Bearglove A/S Spray.

Greetings,

An excellent shave to finish my shaving month off wonderfully...Throughout the month the Lord Silver Star super stainless blade have been superb, becoming a firm favourite again after the long hiatus from not adding them to my regular DE blade rotation.

It's been a while since I last used the Omega shaving cream and forgot how much easy it is to create a slick protective lather, with a good kick from the Eucalyptus oil to give my ageing face sensors a vibrant winter morning wakeup call!

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave to finish the month off wonderfully.

Finishing the shave off with a generous squirts of P&G Old Spice Bearglove A/S Spray.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

qcEHbue.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Martine De Candre Fougère
Razor: Merkur Mergress XL (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Silver Royal (8)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Speick Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Duru Lemon Cologne

A Mate was kind enought to bring back some Duru Lemon Cologne from Turkey - lovely stuff for summer. I call it the leaning tower of Duru .;)

SOTD 30-Nov
20231130_085659.jpg
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Soap: Westman Sossego
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Treet Platinum

I'm using any old excuse to use this Interrupted, the most recent one is the second acquisition from recent sales with the Lavender Sossego. With the soap, I was a little disappointed with the scent, lovely off the puck but not as great once lathered. Something else in there was overpowering but I can't put my finger on it. Lathers up well though with decent slickness and the splash made up for it. Topped off with interrupted and I'm smooth and smelling good.

Anyone know of any lavender scents that are perhaps backed up by leather, tobacco or woods? I'm not into overly floral things so something darker works for me. I've been hunting and I've come across a couple by TF, Penhaligons etc etc but scent descriptions confuse the crap out of me!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 30/11/2023

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum