SOTD : Saturday 26th January - 1st February 2019.

Saturday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock' (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'Mama Chub' (Chubby 2 Two Band)
Soap: Barrister & Mann: Vespers
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: Opus IV by Amouage

Vespers rocked up during the week, and provided the base for a faultless shave, but, then again, it was to be expected..

Prep: Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Shavemac TSR 2016 Snowman Unique
Soap: Nuavia nera
Razor: Rocnel 2.1 on Stork Spiral TI
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Myrsol Agua Balsamica
Balm: Argan Oil
SOTD-20190126.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Saturday AM 2019-01-26

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Stubby 3XXL Ivory Finest (33/52)
Floris Elite shaving cream (vintage)
Weber DLC/UFO U2V1 Brass
Gillette Platinum Plus (1)
Floris Elite aftershave (vintage)

The first shave on a new blade often is slightly rough for me, despite hand stropping, but this one was quite smooth from the git-go, giving me a typical BBS shave.
Today is national Spouse's Day. Sometimes seen as a warmup to Valentine's Day, it is an opportunity to let your spouse know how much you appreciate them. And I certainly appreciate mine. She has made the last 11 years the best of my life.
jPYKaNo.jpg

Saturday 26th January 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Proraso White pre shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- OSP Barber Shop Cream
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Hawk / Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Epsilon Blue aftershave

38bfa7aa739432892819b9eaeaa2978d.jpg

Another incident free shave this morning. As I was heading straight out for a haircut I went with a barber shop theme.

The OSP cream was a nice touch with great slickness. After my final rinse (warm then cold) my skin was still like an ice rink. The Thayers gave a nice cold feeling but the Epsilon Blue was literally the ICEing on the cake.

It was fresh as I splashed it on but as soon as I walked out the door the temperature of my face dropped below tundra! [emoji3063] A great feeling.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Saturday, 26 January

PreShave: Warm water
Cream: GFT Rose
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Nacet (3)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 71/72

I like the Trumper Rose is nice. Lathers well, great scent of rose, but washes off in my post-shave shower. Although my first impression was that it left a pink tinge on my brush; I've found that if you whip up a good lather, it turns quite white and leaves no stain. A welcome way to begin the day.

Have a great weekend.

And for this day the theme for my shave was 'Outstanding Sample Packet'

20190125_224643.jpg

Over sampling - Ikon B1 SB
Random sampling- Polsilver Lodz
Convenience sampling - Muhle ivory synthetic
Cluster sampling - OSP Chambre sample
Multi stage sampling - L'Occitane Cade aftershave
Purposive sampling - ADP Assoluta

A few days back I unexpectedly received a sample from OSP of a new cream by them called Chambre. I really must say this was first class of James and I am most grateful for including me as a tester. As James mentioned this was a purely vegan offering. Although I am not a vegan and quite happy to chomp my way through as many rump steaks as you could throw my way, I do understand their cause and always happy to enjoy vegan meals on occasions. To the same extent I am as equally open to a vegan shaving cream. I also have a pair of vegan Doc Marten shoes which I am not sure whether to wear or eat.

The first thing I noticed is that this cream is extremely thick (although I am presuming this was a cream not a soap) and extracting it from the small plastic sachet was like trying to peel chewing gum from the souls of ones shoes. I persevered though and eventually got as much as possible in to my trusty Mexican cereal bowl which I use as my good old faithful lathering receptacle. Add a damp brush in the form of the Muhle ivory synthetic and against what I thought might be the case, it soon whipped up in to one very thick rich lather. At first it was probably overly dense but nothing a touch more water couldn't resolve. What came out of the bowl and on to my face was first class.

What is noticeable is that the lather remained on my face throughout the whole shave whereas I find other creams are quite successful in managing to achieve a disappearing act. I am not sure if this is my skin or just a case of this is the way some creams and soaps are. Whatever it is I was happy with the longevity of this product and it gets big marks from me in this area.

Glide properties are outstanding and not once did I feel the blade trying to bite. This particular blade is now on its 5th outing and continues to be as good as the first time around. To this extent I feel this cream really did assist. Boxes. Tick. And another tick in the box. To tick another box I must also give big points for having some moisturising effect. Moisturising is usually part of my post shave ritual as I am often left with dry skin, but with this Chambre I came away feeling happily moist.

I am by no means an expert in fragrances and this one does puzzle me. Whatever it is, it is certainly very pleasant and inoffensive.

Altogether a great shave from a great new product from OSP. Surely I can say something negative? It can't be everything and more? Well, yes there is..........................................

I understand from James that the final version will be tallow based which rather kicks the vegan angle in to touch. I guess this rather rules some people out. From my own angle I just hope the tallow based final product is every bit the equal. If so, then this could be another great cream from OSP and one which is a little different.

Ikon B1 SB? - Effing brilliant. Nuff said

ADP Assoluta? - Effing brilliant. Nuff said

Of recent I have been having some brilliant shaves and I am really pleased that this one has just continued the trend. FGS? Too fucking right

Edit - And then I learnt that this is not a new soap/cream at all and that it is to be released as tallow based in February. A little reading goes a long way. Whichever way I really did enjoy this particular product and I wish I'd known about it earlier. You live and learn

Last edited:

SOTD : 27th January 2019.

81.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Carbon Shower Total Action.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10065 .

Face Lather.

Soap : Williams Mug Shaving Soap .

Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux .(1)

Razor: Parker 24C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Cool Cologne + Aftershave Balm .

Greetings,

A comfortable relaxing Sunday 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

The williams mug shaving soap, once soaked in hot water for five minutes, then rubbing the puck directly in my stubble like a shave stick, then lathered up with my omega synthetic brush creates a wonderful lather,which leaves a absolutely superb post shave feeling to my face..The old 'tallow based' recipe must of been amazingly good.

I've mentioned before i totally understand why some people have love/hate opinions on williams it does take a while a little more effort and time to create a good lather,but once you get passed the airy/bubbly stage your rewarded with a wonderful slick protective lather...However, like most budget love/hate shaving soaps it doesn't get top marks for it's scent,which to my nose is a 'clean scent 'with no 'bells or whistles',but makes up multitude for it's slickness protection and post shave feeling which is the main issue in any soap or shaving cream.

The scent of a soap isn't a important issue for me slickness protection, and post shave feel is ok, you don't want it to smell like a 'warm horse' granted, i find once i've had a cold rinse the scent of a soap or cream is virtually gone,as always YMMV.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
clear.png
;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.
clear.png
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom