SOTD: Saturday 28 September - Friday 4 October 2024.

A quick observation is that the Czech and Speake stuff soon weakens scent wise after about 2 hours and for the price I was expecting more staying power.

Oddly, completely the opposite on me and lingers on and on to the point where I wake up the next morning and I'm still wearing it. Love C88

A quick observation is

I have finally found something where I better you on your giphy quota

I was expecting more staying power.

So was my missus. As it is, she compares me to Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet which doesn't get much further than the shower room door

Razor = Edwin Jagger 3 One 6
Blade = Treet 7 Days ( 3 )
Brush = Turn N Shave 26mm Custom Boar Shoat
Soap = B&M The Four Horsemen Plague
with matching splash.
Balm = Clarins Super Hydration Gel
A lovely relaxing Sunday shave with a soap i haven’t used in a while.
With a word like Plague you can tell it would have dark complex scents similar to the other three in the set so i’ll look forward to using them also.

Mon 30 Sept

Travel Shave
Water
TOBS Organic Unperfumed Cream with some drops of Rose Geranium essential oil added
Haryali Mach 3 Handle
Mach 3 blade (standard)
Haryali Travel Brush - synthetic
Simple moisturiser
Molton Brown Eau de Parfum - Geranium

Ages since I used a Mach 3 blade. This worked well after being stropped on my arm. Bristles on this travel brush feel a bit cheap and scritchy at first but then settle down and perfectly acceptable.

Few days off from work at long last!

Have a great week all. Look forward to seeing your SOTDs.

Monday 30 September
RazoRock do produce some excellent shaving items, their Lupo, whilst very well made, doesn’t seem to have much support due to its hybrid oc/sb head design. I’ve never found a great deal of difference using both edges during a shave, both seem on the mild side but bbs in 2 passes is pretty easily achieved. So why the hybrid design? I guess “because we can!”
LØTHUR (Calm flavour today) doesn’t deliver a fluffy lather, even with my synthetic silver brush, it gives a more creamy deposit and it doesn’t dry out quickly which is a plus.
Enjoy your day fellas!

30/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1951
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green

Another wonderful SE shave with this originally NOS to me razor.
2 passes with some touch up on my usual stubborn areas for an easy BBS finish.
A very nice post shave finishing with the "earthy, fresh" scent of the bowling green.
Enjoy your day all.

30 September

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Chubby 2
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Gillette Silver Blue
Lucky Tiger face tonic

A very fine two pass shave with the Ikon and Silver Blue this morning.
Every time I think about reducing my little collection of DE razors the Ikon Deluxe is near the top of the list. Every time l think this way, it responds with the smoothest, closest of shaves and I stop thinking such ridiculous nonsense.