SOTD: Saturday 28 September - Friday 4 October 2024.

OCtober

Monday 30th September

AP1GczOGKSe9_EoNQO1rKt98JhiLsbG3NXJ1Vbefv22CrA-O_VcZoSVDHFy9SUhU2c1wb7G5Mbcz8pZWP2c_0LDOlWMXZQqpR80fqiDCbnCHkeMWj_VtnfE_scyT_5VcIuxPi-zrYGDAj3uh7LT9ReYQG0jZHg=w800

Coty Avocado (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Muhle Silvertip Fibre (White) 23mm
Gillette 'Old' Type (c.1915) & Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Coty Musk (Vintage) Aftershave

My setup for the week ...

I'm starting open-comb October early, what with it being the beginning of the week that switches over into October.

Up first for my run though some of my favourite open-comb razors is the archetypal Single Ring. This one is from 1915 (so, thin cap) and quite tatty, which saves my much better condition 1905 set as a collection piece. Super shave with the GSB and lather from what I think is my oldest soap guessing 1940s rather than 1950s, possibly earlier. Thick and slick, and much akin to modern Wickham's of all things! It's a very modern-feeling soap, ironically.

Have a great week, guys! Enjoy OCtober if you're participating ...

Razor = Shield Titanium Se
Blade = Feather Professional ( 1 )
Brush = C&H V16
Soap = B&M The Four Horsemen Famine
with matching splash
Balm = Loccitane Cade.
IMG_2997.jpegFamine: Second in the Four Horsemen Series and another fantastic soap but unfortunately the shave wasn’t the best due to a nugget issue ( Me )
3-4 weepers were the order of the day,
Why ?
nobody knows just me being me
Never mind there’s always tomorrow morning

SOTD Mon 30 Sep 2024

Miserable Monday, shave
9D13B402-BF0D-48C9-9CDB-D34F08C50565.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Palmolive Classic cream
Yaqi Everest 24mm synthetic brush
Merkur 34C razor
Rainbow Super Class blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
X-Bolt EDP

Miserable day, brilliant shave. Great lather (see below) and the Rainbow blade performed much better than usual. Think I’ll try it for a third use, never been tempted before. Have I just found a good one or is my technique better? Unclear, but will try another soon rather than using something different, which seems to be my default at the moment. Anyway everything worked really well together during this shave and my face was left feeling smooth and smelling terrific.

D18112AB-D449-4651-B228-DAE6D1173589.jpeg
I think I’m getting the hang of this!

**********************************************************************************
RIP Kris Kristofferson - another of my heroes departed too soon!
**********************************************************************************

Last edited:
30/09/24
Signature SEptember
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1951
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
View attachment 126052
Another wonderful SE shave with this originally NOS to me razor.
2 passes with some touch up on my usual stubborn areas for an easy BBS finish.
A very nice post shave finishing with the "earthy, fresh" scent of the bowling green.
Enjoy your day all.
A very special thank you @Tony'schin for all you SEptember SOTD’s. Best Regards, Brian

SOTD: 1st October 2024.

7.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: La Barbiera Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 24C.
Razor: Cien Men Twin Blade. (Head) - (D1)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

Open-Comb October focus month.

Early Morning shave.

A close & comfortable face and head shave to start the month off on a high.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday 1 October

fattip Piccolo special edition oc plate
Ratty old no name badger
Brazilian Wilki
LØTHUR Nude

Fattip Piccolo is a cheap as chips mild razor with both an sb and oc plate. Short handle is a tad too short for big hands but ok for my small mitts.
Where on earth does LØTHUR get their soap names, Nude? Probably use a random word generator.
However, mild or not with a 5th use Brazilian bbs was achieved without drama in 2 passes and pick ups.

Here’s to a drier October fellas!

IMG_0800.jpeg

1 October

Taylor’s St. James
Plisson synthetic
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Gillette Silver Blue
Lucky Tiger face tonic

6D9FCC73-E230-4FF9-B83E-9B3B7206F3FF.jpeg
It’s going to be a lean OCtober if I only use my one OC razor, but I’ve made a good start (for a change). This morning’s shave was accompanied by oodles of rich, luxurious lather created with the excellent little Plisson brush. Too much lather for one shave really. Two passes and a clean result. The GSB should be good for a few more shaves. Then I’ll have to see if I can resist the siren call of another razor, any other razor!

Back
Top Bottom