SOTD: Saturday 28 September - Friday 4 October 2024.

Face - ER 1912 + Gem PTFE (1)
Head - Leaf + Gillette Yellow
Semogue Owners Club
Tabac
Pitralon

View attachment 126160

It was my first ever shave with a gem type razor and this 1912 in superb condition was given to me in a trade with @pjgh.Taking my time to try get angles right produced a fantastic close shave.
Jeez that gem blades are sharp I hope it calms down after a shave or two on it :D

Thanks again Paul

My pleasure! Great that you jumped straight on in ... indeed, GEM blades are seethingly sharp from the off. My strategy is to be super-light with my touch for the first two or three. Yes, it does settle down after that and you're in for a good ride from there. Super-light touch!

Maybe single pass with the grain until you find your groove? You can use the Leaf to get closer on your face while you shave your head.

... and maybe a use the spine to shim the next blade.

My pleasure! Great that you jumped straight on in ... indeed, GEM blades are seethingly sharp from the off. My strategy is to be super-light with my touch for the first two or three. Yes, it does settle down after that and you're in for a good ride from there. Super-light touch!

Maybe single pass with the grain until you find your groove? You can use the Leaf to get closer on your face while you shave your head.

... and maybe a use the spine to shim the next blade.
I went all in with a WTG And ATG and thankfully no blood loss to report but I think that was the lightest touch I’ve ever used on a razor ha ha.
I’m reading the post you linked about shimming just now so will have a try after this blade is done.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 5 )
Blade = Gillette 7 O’Clock
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger Bobby Moffat.
Soap = B&M The Four Horsemen DEATH
with matching splash.
Balm = Rapport Black.

IMG_3030.jpegIn no particular order Death was the last in the Four Horsemen Series and to me this has the best scent out the 4.
My wife & Son both hated WAR and to be honest i’m not a lover of the scent either.
This was the shave of the week so far including last week.
The 6s for all its workmanlike looks is a fantastic razor, The angle is just right.
Dare i say it’s possibly my favourite razor,
It’s certainly up there and better than some razors treble the price that i have.
I haven’t used any 7 O’clock blades for a long time,
Possibly a couple of years so i can’t remember how they are but this one was surprisingly good,
as smooth as any blade.
Whether a couple of shaves in is still as good time will tell.

SOTD Wed 2 Oct 2024

Wednesday wowser, shave
EF23A989-F8F5-4C0F-A01B-63C425B98518.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
TFS traditional almond soap
Yaqi Everest 24mm synthetic brush
Merkur 34C razor
Rainbow Super Class blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Forest Fresh ASL
Nivea Sensitive PSB
X-Bolt EDP

Tried the Rainbow blade for third time and won’t be doing that again. Took my time, used no pressure and all seemed well. Until I splashed on some aftershave. Wowser! I thought my face had burst into flame! Good job the lather had been very slick and protective (see below) and I had taken it easy otherwise I dread to think of the damage. It had felt a little ‘scrapey’ I suppose, but not enough to make me stop and change blade and the end result was smooth enough, but, these will definitely be two shave blades for me from now on! Will try something I know is face friendly next time as I think my face needs to heal a bit.

036D3457-082F-4CF6-8A4F-1101087B7D3A.jpeg
The saviour lather.

SOTD: 3rd October 2024.

8.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Nivea Men Sensitive Pro Ultra-Calming Liquid Shaving Cream.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Bearglove AS Spray./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

An excellent shave to finish my shaving week off wonderfully.

The long hefty grippy handle on the24C makes it very smooth & comfortable to use.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Thursday 3rd October

Soap • Noble Otter Thé Noir et Vanille
Brush • DS Cosmetics 24mm Synbad
Razor • Yaqi Romulus
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (7)
Post • Noble Otter Thé Noir et Vanille Splash

This Yaqi AC/SE razor out performs the Vector in fine style, IMO. Where the Vector felt 'draggy', this 'clone' is certainly a step up.The Yaqi Excalibur/Raster àre no match for it either (YMMV). Smoothness with every stroke, and it shaves plenty close enough too.

Looking in the den for Autumn inspiration, and it seems I'm a little light on seasonal soap scents. I don't have room for more soaps, so I'll have to make do with what I have.
Noble Otter doesn't disappoint. Good performing soaps that deliver every time. Their splashes are very good too. Very hydrating/nourishing, with long lasting scents.

Didn't shave yesterday and now continuing the OCtober open comb theme with an Old type.
I've never quite got the hang of the Old type but I did get a good shave, albeit with some scrapey feeling but not irritation. I'm probably getting the angle and/or pressure slightly wrong.
Finished off with a cartridge as some areas needed to be a bit closer.

Haven't used glycerin as a pre-shave before. Bought it to add to any poor lathering soaps I have or may acquire one day. It slided (slid) and glided (glid) superbly and left a great post-shave feel.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Old Type
Blade: Sputnik
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Pre-Shave: Glycerin
Lather: Stirling Alighieri
Aftershave: Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Good morning all

SOTD: 03/10/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat Puck
Aftershave: Floid The Genuine Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

- Shared from My Shave Den for iOS

Last night's adventures by the sink presented in wonderful technicolour and complete with the theme, 'Give us some more Japanese girlies since you robbed us last night'

May I just take a little time to explain you were not robbed, but the 'management' have restricted my media input probably due to possible over sensory stimulation caused by exotic ladies from the far east. Either that or their music is generally viewed as being crap.

20241002_135243.jpg

超セクシーなカミソリ - Muhle R89
これを下にスライドさせます - Polsilver Lodz
ブラシストローク、その他のストローク - Cadman
カタツムリが含まれる可能性があります - MDC Rose
私を湿らせてください - Collagen
私の部分の匂いを嗅いでください - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

いいえ、大介いいえ。その言葉は言わないでください

To every decent shaver, you really do need an 89 somewhere in your collection. Even if you have to store it in a box in a dark corner to save embarrassment or your skin when the missus finds more disorder purchases. When my skin feels on edge or a quick bit of blade time is on the books, then reach for the 89. Might not be the closest of shaves, but it is absolutely hassle free and delivers a perfectly acceptable shave time after time.

Buy one

MDC and the Cadman. An affair made in heaven. Or in the case if me and Mrs Satanfriendly, a quick one in a back entry. Quick being 40 years

A wonderful bit if time to myself and I shall leave you with a couple of Beaver tracks.

In passing, a Japanese friend of ours started translating the words on an Otoboke beaver tour T-shirt my wife bought when we saw then the other year. In the way of the Japanese it went down the road of something all flowery and traditional.

'My friend, I think you will find they are named after a sex hotel in Otoboke'

1000002595.jpg
SOTD October 3. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 (3)
Blade - Personna Gem (6)
Soap - The Art of Shaving - Sandalwood Tallow
Brush - Highlander TSR LE walnut with badger
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Floris - Honey Oud EDP

The shaves just keep getting better with this razor and blade combo, the TAOS soap is wonderful and so is the Highlander LE brush, with all of the above and outstanding shave was a given!

Until the next time, take care but most of all enjoy your shaves!

Paul.

3 October

Geo F Trumper Eucris
Mühle Classic L
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Gillette Silver Blue
Geo F Trumper Eucris skin food

D7171B76-5309-4928-8E6A-03726822CB27.jpeg
Another fine, close shave with the Ikon. I don’t think that I can do a whole month with a single razor. I need a change tomorrow as I’m beginning to feel a bit bored. I hope you aren’t too.

Second time out for the SLOC / DOC razor. The first time I was surprised by the mildness of it with it being an open comb, For this second time I changed the Gillette Platinum Russia which was too mild for a Gillette Nacet Russia and the shave was perfect.

Shower
Hot water splash
Pears transparent amber soap
Arko shaving soap - for hard water a soap to rule them all But the maker should change the soapy scent, perhaps a Fougère
Semogue 810 boar brush
Razorock SLOC double open comb with Bulldog handle

Gillette Nacet Russia DE blade
Hot splash, cold splash
Shave Factory 05 Mediterranean After Shave Colgne

Arko.jpg

Back
Top Bottom