SOTD: Saturday 28 September - Friday 4 October 2024.

20241004_172315.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
PrepHot shower.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Zingari man The Watchman.
Razor Blackland Sabre V2 lvl2.
Blade Gem (1)
Post Zingari man The Watchman splash.
Aftershave Czech and Speake no88.

Tonight was a bit of a surprise for me as I wanted to test out one of the new Gem blades that arrived today.
I have to say my shave with the Sabre was the best one yet, even though I was expecting it to be a rough shave because Gem blades are known to he rough on the first one or two outings but this shave was a real pleasure.
Is this just the Placebo effect or is this blade actually slightly different to the ones I have been using?
I really don't know but I can only report what I experience good or bad,perhaps the blades in my ice Cube dispenser are just a random duff batch?
Time will tell because I will do another 7 shaves with this blade and then pop one of my old blades back in to make sure, things might have changed again tomorrow.
I am now bloody smooth and no redness anywhere with no nicks.
A happy Sabre shaven Johnny Bravo at last, enjoy the night everyone.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

PXL_20241004_182043945~4.jpg
very close shave with this R41 clone but my skin felt a bit raw today, there were a few spots of blood during the shave and there was a fair bit of alum and aftershave sting. I need to work on not applying any pressure with it. it's surprising how it just wipes away the stubble and leaves the skin smooth even from the first pass. I've had great shaves with it before but I had to be really careful. is it worth the effort? maybe once in a while when I've got extra time but not one to use frequently for me.

tomorrow I'm going wth the third of my open combs, a double open comb, and it's the complete other end of the spectrum for me. might be too mild to keep around. this will be a good month to evaluate both with different blades. maybe by the end I'll have decided to get rid of one or both.

Last edited:
SHAVE OF THE DAY _ 04-10-2024 - 2.jpg
NEOLITHIC IMPERIAL LEATHER - 2.jpg

Erm - found the SOTD at last - new here - joined today - Thanks all for having me !

I`m an old Russian hippy and also a proud alcoholic caveman - so try not to laugh - too hard - haha !

Gotta baby smooth scrape with an unbranded Chinese blue chunky thing with a S/S Yaqi best of both ( closed & open comb ) head with a plain unbranded blade and loved both sides - mild and aggressive ! used some neolithic Imperial Leather that was in my big green washing up ashtray.

The utilised soap was the dirty white one in the middle and the bright blue blob is the remains of a soap on a rope microphone from the 1980`s.

Used no brush no mirror and no preshave as usual - skin like rhino hide.

Oh took the 1990`s vintage California for Men aftershave for a drive - to cheer me up this morning - Job`s a good `un !

Thanks for the thumbs up Johnny and gile - I`m a Johnny as well - Shaving Brothers ! Haha !
Only been shaving 45 years...eeeck !
Can do it in the dark or with my eyes shut - just like music - playing my tenor sax or S*X - the original rock `n roll - honest - look it up - Haha !

The best one is using a cut-throat in the dark drunk on vodka - Fun - sorts the men from the boys !
And I win the bet - so more gorgeous voddy Russian Mules (with ginger and lime) for me !!!

KEYBOARD STAND - 2.jpg

How can you tell I`m Russian ? - The keyboard stand is a winebox - a foot away !

TOILET BRUSH MUG.jpg

You think that`s bad ? I have to use a mug for my loo brush holder because the John is the size of a coffin !

If I run out of coffee - it`ll do for urine therapy !

Last edited:
And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's it is much to your pleasure (as I won't be publishing any more tripe for this week), that I give you my shave c/w the theme, 'Tripe and other delectable food(?)'

20241004_102651.jpg

You talk tripe Mr Friendly - Timeless bronze
The pigs trotters - Feather
Brawn and brushes - Highlander LFC
Bulls cock cream - Penhaligons Bayolea
Sheep's testicle moisturiser - Collagen
Snout smell - YSL Y eau de perfume

'A few quick passes and.....voila! shaved to perfection' **

** Not recommended as a shaving implement

And even more delight from the bronze. How it makes sense of a Feather I have no idea. Usually these blades rarely go beyond two shaves, but this was on its sixth outing and could still have managed another day by the sink. But sod that, I didn't want to push the boat out much further. I've spent a lifetime pushing boats and it's shite.

One very comfortable and pleasurable bit of time in the shower room and as smooth as fresh liver.

The YSL Y was a sample and to be honest it's rather similar to Versace 'The Dreamer' to my bad sense of smell. Given the latter cost me £23 and the Y would be around £80, it becomes a 'Thank you for the sample, but fuck that in the bigger picture'

Well it is that time of the week when I part this week with a dose. A dose of puffyshoes that is. I cleared the other one up quite some years back. So here they are....

More? May be next Wednesday if I can be bothered to make an early appearance

Until the next time, I love you all

Back
Top Bottom