SOTD: Saturday 29 July - Friday 4 August 2023.

04/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick Hydro-magic 500 J3 1959 - 62
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
Wk 31 (7).jpg
A very nice shave earlier today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday 4 August
After deciding to move away from modern multi-blade cartridge razors ( can’t really remember why and I still have and use one occasionally for quickness) the Wilko butterfly was one of the first DE razors that I tried. It’s well made and important at the time was inexpensive. Another was a modern King Gillette DE. The positive experience started me on my shaving journey and on to a collection, ancient and modern, of tools to plane hair from my delicate fizog. I don’t regret a moment of my madness, the smoothness of feel after a good close shave with a bracing splash of after shave is an experience I look forward to daily. Joining TSR has been an added bonus for me.
The Wilko didn’t disappoint today. It’s a pretty mild razor but fitted with an Astra extra stainless gave a 2 pass a perfectly acceptable finish.
Soap took a bit of work to lather but hard water hereabouts doesn’t help.
Silver travel brush has a synthetic knot which I trimmed flat to fit in its tube so it now has a fan top to the bristles. I should have left it as was since I don’t travel with it, doh!
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0204.jpeg

04/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor - Schick Hydro-magic 500 J3 1959 - 62
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
View attachment 109628
A very nice shave earlier today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
I love those Avon glass after shave bottles, I have a couple including the brush. What do you make of Wild Country? It’s an unusual smell that’s for sure :rolleyes:

20230804_154133.jpg

Preshave - Wright's Traditional Soap
Razor - Fatip Il Grande Copper
Blade - Fatip
Brush - Omega Boar
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Proraso Red

20230804_154310.jpg

Distinctly Italian shave.

I'll refrain from commenting on it as om going to shave and alternate between this and the H&D razor pictured to do a "Reasonably Priced Razor Comparison" using the same kit with both razors...

4/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - Gillette NEW Round Pin
Blade - Dorco Titan (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum/Menthol

First time using the new to me NEW Round Pin. I will compare it to the NEW Long Comb, but I think the Round Pin is a touch less aggressive, but plenty efficient for my liking. I think I will give this razor another outing with a fresher blade to see how it performs, but not a bad shave in the end.

IMG_20230804_180104.jpg

Thursday evening's effort and shave themed, 'The randomness of the long distant shaver'

20230803_185529.jpg

Random razor - Muhle R89/ATT Colossus handle
By the way blade - Polsilver Lodz
Arbitrary brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Slap dash soap - York Swirling Soapery Vibrant Charm
Contingent cream - Pure moisturiser
Desultory essence - TOBS Eton

'T......H......E......M.....E....I'll just be several hours love'

A very pleasant little shave with the Muhle head on the rusted Stainless Steel ATT handle. And if I don't get this SOTD wrapped up pretty soon I'll never get around to rounding the week off in the correct manner. See you later peeps

But of course there is only one ending to this shave otherwise protocol has not been followed...

Why it's those RADICAL girls in some kind of 'grown up' guise

IMG_2496.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: TOBS Shaving Shop
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Bronnley Original EDT

I love those Avon glass after shave bottles, I have a couple including the brush. What do you make of Wild Country? It’s an unusual smell that’s for sure :rolleyes:
I mainly get Anise and Bergamot with some Lavender and other spice. Personally I love it. Would love another bottle and will be keeping my radar switched on. PS, the bottles are fantastic.

SOTD 20230804
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Caranavis & Richardson TI Declaratin B2
Soap: Antica Aguzzeria del Cavallo, Bologna. Tabacco verde
Razor: Rocnel Sailor Hybrid
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco toscano

SOTD_20230804.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Last edited:
It's a Friday evening and it is that time to say, 'And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am happy to throw at you my shave themed, 'Forbidden and rude fruit'

20230804_201611.jpg

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts - Tatara Nodachi dark
Peaches - Wizamet Super Iridium
Cherry bomb - Yaqi Dandelion
Dirty fruit - Murdock's cream
Low hangin' fruit - Baylis and Harding Black pepper

'So tell us all about this six banana trick'

So to end my week just as I started with a top yellow fruit of a shave. Peaches and cream all the way.

Getting a bit late to prattle on too much, so much to your pleasure I shall sod off and leave you with 'Have a great weekend folk', say 'I love you all' and leave you with those wonderful Puffyshoes.....

Back
Top Bottom