SOTD: Saturday 3 June - Friday 9 June 2023.

First try with the GD English Lavender. A good performer with a strong and distinctive scent. Lots going on there; not sure how much is what I would think is lavender. Will see how it goes with this one but the performance is good.

Started off with a second shave with the Shark Platinum but it really isn't sharp enough and binned it after one prior shave and one pass today. Quite disappointed really. Continued with the Polsilver (third shave now) and did an acceptable but not amazing shave.
The Zingari splash is nice. Non-greasy and moisturising, and thin (it is a splash rather than a balm). I'll be using this a fair bit for the near future I think.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Grooming Department English Lavender
Additional Care:
Zingari Recovery (unscented) https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/647f83c57561cd6e4045d175

Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Gillette Super Thin ( 2 )
Brush = C&H V17
Soap = B&M Spice with matching splash.
Balm = Wilkinson Sword Post Balm Shave
View attachment 107040Shave 2 of my Old Spice Homage
and a cracking shave at that.
The R41 Is superb, i know i’m quite a weirdo lol but i find it mild,
The Soap was a recommendation from @Blademonkey and another fantastic recommendation at that.
I know a lot of people buy old spice for nostalgia reasons but i genuinely love the scent.
These Homage soaps are fantastic and a great alternative for the guys that haven’t tried the original.
The Next Shave will be OSP Old Gold.

Bit if bad news today iv had it it confirmed i’m away to Indonesia ( Bintan Island )
on the 16th June.
Never mind it could be worse i could be retired :unsure:
Enjoy the rest of your week
& as always Stay Safe
I'm pleased it was a fantastic recommendation from me Mike, I try my best! :) Enjoy!

Paul.

Last edited:
Today's SOTD
Pre - hot shower with Signature soaps dragons blood
Brush - Yaqi 24 mm viper boar
Soap - Signature Soaps cedarwood and Peppermint Eboracum (well I was born in Yorkshire).
Razor and Blade - Muhle Rocca R94 with 3rd shave on the Israeli Personna Vikings Sword.
Post - Thayer's Cucumber WH and Q10 hyaluronic moisturiser.
AS - Razorock Mudderfokker

Fantastic shave, lovely scent from the soaps and great performance from the off.

IMG_20230606_201017.jpg

Last edited:
SOTD 20230606 travel shave
Prep: blooming water
Brush: El Druida
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Razor: Matador with Chiseled Face travel case
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe

SOTD_20230606.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

IMG_1890.jpeg
SOTD: 06/06/2023

Razor: Yaqi Mellon Chrome
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Wholly Kaw Entropy Man Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Entropy Man Aftershave

Another new addition to the den, another excellent base, it really does seem true that most modern artisan soaps are generally great, and this is no exception. It lathers thickly and very quickly, ideal for a work day. The scent is another new area for me, it’s down as tobacco, leather, plum, rum, hay, black pepper, frankincense and vetiver and I do pick up each of those, however and it may just be my nose at times there’s a hint of artificial hazelnut too. It’s lovely and I definitely want to get some more WK but on this one I’m undecided. The splash is lovely but after the initial strong hit it dissipates a little too quickly for my liking.

SOTD 07-Jun
20230606_121820 (1).jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: GN Juniper Reverie
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Gillette Blue

Cracking shave this morning, second set from Gentleman's Nod and it is excellent. I think I prefer the Ernest but this is no slouch. Excellent smooth and irritation free finish.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom