SOTD: Saturday 30 September - Friday 6 October 2023.

Tuesday 2nd October

ADCreHfgd1WenbA-6rULkpLT1HWRXSGmv1kt6p2cGuGTunXs2eJcCZ_M0BWT4cYQwRHZZBXgjA76unhbVejLyc-gB8Fqg5eHodqxT49L6SOF1iMixqA62mvKmD_Qr9sn04qXwuy0OYx3R5UJhzFd0KbSZOjIxQ=w800

Gillette Original Shaving Foam
Gillette Trac-II & Feather FII Neo
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Hmmm ... still puzzled! Yesterday's shave was pretty nasty so I ditched the new(?) cartridge and fitted another for tonight's shave which was night and day different so I am convinced that I fitted an already used cartridge yesterday. Tonight was still not up there and left me with a lot of razor burn. Bin. Binned the pack of cartridges as that was the last one.

Nice picture, though.

Hop onto eBay and I've ordered some vintage Schick Super IIs which I hope will be good.

u88YTcv.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Lider Classic
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Master XCN Chromium (14)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Lider Classic Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Lider Classic EdC

The Poles make excellent shaving products.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( R5)
Blade = Brazilian Wilko ( 3 )
Brush = 26mm High Mountain Badger By Sawdust Creation Studios.
Cream = Geo F Trumpers Eucris with matching
EDT & Balm

View attachment 111873I missed my shave yesterday.
the shaves have been all first class recently but my skin just can’t take it everyday although that was my intention.
It’s the first time in a while iv used the Rockwell with plate 5 and i think iv found the sweet spot.
For the past year or so iv went with plate 4 and sometimes 3 due to traveling & forgetting to take 4 with me.
Anyway R5 was superb with the 3rd use wilko.
Shave of the month for me.
I know a lot of people have reservations for the 6s but for me it’s a true work horse & a razor i’m happy taking anywhere,
I know i can bang it around & it will still be in working order.
Anyway i’m starting to gab a bit.
Enjoy your week everyone
don’t work to hard
It doesn't get much better than a Eucris party! Great stuff, Mike.

SOTD 04-Oct
20231003_125108-05.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Karve CB (G)
Blade: Wizamet (3)

Cracking shave. I can imagine this set would split people, it's quite strong with a heavy hit of leather and what seems like a smack of coffee. Well considering I love leather and run on coffee then it's for me.

I did hold off on using the EDP, I guessed it was going to be strong and the Mrs doesn't always react well. I was right, quite strong at first but mellows fairly well. Admittedly the Mrs didn't immediately jump but nor did she turn her nose up at it, so I'll call it a win. It's a good one for autumn/winter but I'd probably lay off it in the summer months, quite novel actually considering I don't usually hold with seasonal norms.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Wednesday 4 October
After yesterday’s disappointing shave with the Feather AS-D2, out today with the one piece P3 (1970) Gillette Super Slimtwist also fitted with yesterday’s blade, so second use. What a difference, bbs with ease, especially around my pesky jaw line. I wouldn’t classify this razor as aggressive either. Happy boy am I :cool:
Proraso is another easily lathered soap and whilst comfortable to use, it does tend to dry quickly on the face. It also seems to dry out easily during storage in its bowl.
My shave brush was a gift from my parents nearly 30 years ago. When new it was a ToBS pure badger. However, it has seen many years of sterling service and the handle shows a few battle scars. This year the badger started to go limp during use and then finally waved the white flag. I know the feeling :rolleyes: . So, given it’s sentimental value, I decided to re knot it but this time with synthetic which I did yesterday and it was successfully reintroduced to shaving duty today. It should now see me out and hence will be passed on in my will :ROFLMAO:.
Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0322.jpeg

4 October

TOBS Sandalwood
Simpson Chubby 2
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

834CA1F5-2316-46CF-9B3B-C9C7D67F4BDF.jpeg
A very pleasant and easy shave this morning. A new Feather blade in the Feather razor gave a very close and comfortable shave and the Chubby 2 synthetic created a mountain of excellent lather with the Taylor’s. Great stuff.

SOTD 04-Oct
View attachment 111912
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: B&M Leviathan
Razor: Karve CB (G)
Blade: Wizamet (3)

Cracking shave. I can imagine this set would split people, it's quite strong with a heavy hit of leather and what seems like a smack of coffee. Well considering I love leather and run on coffee then it's for me.

I did hold off on using the EDP, I guessed it was going to be strong and the Mrs doesn't always react well. I was right, quite strong at first but mellows fairly well. Admittedly the Mrs didn't immediately jump but nor did she turn her nose up at it, so I'll call it a win. It's a good one for autumn/winter but I'd probably lay off it in the summer months, quite novel actually considering I don't usually hold with seasonal norms.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc
M. - even by your own high standards - that's a great picture. Cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom