SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

Thursday 9th November

ADCreHe0mOg3zjPAwS24wHBmiqWzJAqDLd7nq8d1oNoLCxUmj3YHPhRr4MtQvBgdAqRxxZxbpdjCupyf_kJDfKJnTIbXKi3a0yMPlhaJZu4oit0GWpl7oquDFzTQ7izGIRYOJ8zGH-4YrC_4RkeXdO-L8a5RGQ=w800

Gillette Original Shave Cream & Omega Professional Pure Bristle
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (6)
Brut Alaska Aftershave

SOTD Thu 9 Nov 2023
C9702848-347F-4F60-BE7B-8A83AD41966E.jpeg

Prep - Imperial Leather face wash

Bowl - glass
Cream - Palmolive Classic
Brush - Clubman Pinaud sympathetic
Razor - Merkur 38C
Blade - Treet Platinum (5)

Post - face wash with lather remains, cold rinse, alum, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT

Refreshment - a cup of tea

A relaxed and smooth 2+ pass shave with the 38c and the Treet blade proving an excellent match. The slightly heavier balm and stronger edt leaving a nicely moisturised and nice smelling me!

AAA86C7A-7DF0-417A-BCA9-A9A2C546E4AA.jpeg

Ahh, peace at last

And welcome you wonderful people, to part four (or something or other) of my top secret shaves for this week. In this case those SHITT folk have allowed for this shave to be themed, 'XXXX (Would I lie to you baby?)'. This was aimed at putting matters straight in case there was any doubts as to the authenticity of my secret shaves this week.

20231108_203232.jpg

20231108_203259.jpg

XXXX Razor - Stainless Mongoose
XXXX Blade - Kai Titan mild
XXXX Brush - Hive-2
XXXX Soap - :censored:
XXXX Moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
XXXX Scent - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial
XXXX Lipstick by Brian - Rouge de Bolton
'You know what? I've had enough of these shaves so I'm sodding off'

3ONE6, Enoch, there is only one God razor in my humble collection. The Mongoose. Oh hail the Goose. You want accuracy, speed, perfection, smooth and wonderment? Look no further. Just don't look at me though because I fail in every aspect. But as it stands I just couldn't live without the Mongoose. And the Titan mild just reinforces it's status. Pure shaving synergy. Another wank word makes an appearance.

As for the secret shaving recipe ingredient (To be Palmolive Fox about it) it once again throws up a terrific performance even if I do have to say I'm getting bored shitless using it. But I am duty bound to persevere and have you seen the torture methods they use in Bolton? They make you watch The Wanderers.

A most bodacious of shaves and I remain happy, because my psychiatrist makes me that way.

Happy? It can only be that most happy bunch of Japanese girls......

And my Mother-in-law has said I can have any Christmas present I care for up to the value of $1200. I smell a rat here

SOTD 10-Nov
20231109_175926 (1).jpg
Brush: Wee Scot
Soap: Chiseled Face Midnight Stag
Razor: RR Wunderbar
Blade: Treet Platinum

Well I think I just changed careers, I've exchanged immunology for a garage. This Soap is nuts, off the puck it's strong and I get petrol and leather it only eases up a little on lathering. Now I like strong, dark scents but I already know the Mrs is not going to like this one, hence the barts balm to ease it up a little.

On the plus side I could use it next year to really sell going out on Halloween with the daughter as a mechanic.

I'm off to tune up my car, have a good one all.

Cheers

Marc

IMG_4603.jpeg

SOTN 09.11.23

Beard of 5 days

Brush: Vielong white horse hair
Soap: Tabacco blu by AYLM
Razor: Styletto by TGS
blades: Wizamet super iridium
AS: Flöid genuine Y12

The beard is becoming really itchy at day 4-5 now. This time a very straight forward shave, with the try of a new blade for me in a razor I know pretty well. The blade feels ‘thicker’ and more rigid than others I have tried, definitely a good cut and pretty much no irritations on my sensitive skin so it’s a full pass and a move to my favourite blades selection. As said the razor is a well known for me, does always a great job, it’s light, it’s deep and is delicate. Full BBS still next morning. The soap was good overall however I found a bit of lack of hydration in first pass (my bad) and general lack of residual slickness. The main issue was a fairly light knot of the vielong white horse brush, the fibres are quite ‘long’ and heterogeneous making the middle of the knot prone to knotting on itself. I should be careful with rotation mvmts but it’s impossible with a hard soap and face lathering to avoid it! I will try again but I might have to move to the boar brush for hard soaps and keep the vielong only for creams. The follicolitis of the beard seems improving since a started a treatment but will take until christmas probably before having full resolution. Finger crossed

And welcome you wonderful people, to part four (or something or other) of my top secret shaves for this week. In this case those SHITT folk have allowed for this shave to be themed, 'XXXX (Would I lie to you baby?)'. This was aimed at putting matters straight in case there was any doubts as to the authenticity of my secret shaves this week.

View attachment 113229

View attachment 113230

XXXX Razor - Stainless Mongoose
XXXX Blade - Kai Titan mild
XXXX Brush - Hive-2
XXXX Soap - :censored:
XXXX Moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
XXXX Scent - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial
XXXX Lipstick by Brian - Rouge de Bolton
'You know what? I've had enough of these shaves so I'm sodding off'

3ONE6, Enoch, there is only one God razor in my humble collection. The Mongoose. Oh hail the Goose. You want accuracy, speed, perfection, smooth and wonderment? Look no further. Just don't look at me though because I fail in every aspect. But as it stands I just couldn't live without the Mongoose. And the Titan mild just reinforces it's status. Pure shaving synergy. Another wank word makes an appearance.

As for the secret shaving recipe ingredient (To be Palmolive Fox about it) it once again throws up a terrific performance even if I do have to say I'm getting bored shitless using it. But I am duty bound to persevere and have you seen the torture methods they use in Bolton? They make you watch The Wanderers.

A most bodacious of shaves and I remain happy, because my psychiatrist makes me that way.

Happy? It can only be that most happy bunch of Japanese girls......

And my Mother-in-law has said I can have any Christmas present I care for up to the value of $1200. I smell a rat here
I am going to pickup a pack of those blades to try in mine.

SOTD: 10/11/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Puck
Aftershave: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day, you all!

Back