SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

The shave themed, 'Just do it'

20230806_192610.jpg

Just shave me - Ikon B1
Just cut hairs - Wizamet Super Iridium
Just brush me - Yaqi Moka
Just cream on me - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
Just make me soft - Arran Aromatics Machrie
Just make me smell nice - Alvarez Gomez EDC

'Yes, and then he ran all the way around here...naked!'

'Just do it', so said Nike. So I did and it was good.

Just not as good as these though...

Tuesday 8th August
Ever Ready 1907 Lather Catcher - GEM Stainless Coated #5 - Yaqi Moka Express - OSP Fougere - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230807-211707-01.jpg

Tuesday 8 August
From Butterflies to Leaf and the opportunity to try out a razor that I have never really warmed to. Mechanism a bit fiddly, keeping it clean a bit of a faff and feel of the correct shaving angle not intuitive, to me anyway. Perhaps as a daily driver this would get better.
Excellent Wickhams soap and my uBrush from AP Shave Co combined to produce a fine soapy lather. I mixed half blades with two 7 o’clock super platinum and a Derby. The Leaf picks up heat quickly after swilling in hot water so when I first touched my face with it I was somewhat surprised as I have never felt that from any other of my razors.
After 2 passes and a lot of pick up attention I my face felt smooth wtg but a bit rough atg which no amount of further razoring could improve. Maybe this is the definition of a mild shave? However, no blood or irritation so ok overall I guess :unsure:

Enjoy your day whatever you are doing fellas!

IMG_0212.jpeg

7843ADB6-5744-433D-8B4D-6DA22D94A750.jpeg

Simpson Duke 3 Super
Pal injecto-Matic
Chinese Schick (8)
OSPNeroli
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
4711 a/s

I’m a bit of a fan of Simpson’s Duke series of brushes, so I jumped at the opportunity to buy this L.E. version of a Duke 3, usually only available with a Best or Pure knot. I’ve had both previously, and this is a step up in feel. Softer than my Chubby 1 in Super, no doubt due to a less dense knot. It has a plush, luxurious feel, producing excellent lather, effortlessly.

Outstanding, enjoy yours gents.

8 August

Extro Bergamotto Di Calabria
Simpson M7
Edwin Jagger DE89
Feather Hi-Stainless
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

70F6CC8A-AD08-4DCB-A61F-2B6F06D5DC6B.jpeg
I decided to change out the blade in the ATT SE1 yesterday and not risk my face with a dulling SE blade. The Simpson created a lovely lather with the Extro and the EJ razor produced a very comfortable, reasonably close, two pass shave.

IMG_2501.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Era (Level 4 SB)
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Geo F Trumper Rose
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics Machrie EDT

This razor is on a par with my AS-D2 with regards to performance, it doesn’t feel as premium but then again it shouldn’t do as it was half the price. Virtually no blade feel which is my preference. Tolerances are very good which lend the razor a solid feel.

08/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Palmolive Classic Cream
Razor - Pal Injectomatic
Blade - Vintage PAL Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk 32 (4).jpg
Nice and easy.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.