SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

22diS87.jpg

Thursday Shave 08.10.23
RAZOR: Rocnel 2021 Sailor Series Adjustable @3
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Elite Razor Ivory over Pastel Swirl 24mm Boar
LATHER: Yardley London Shaving Soap (vintage)

A most bodacious of days to you brethren of the Shaving fraternity and I bid you welcome to my shave with the theme, '23'

View attachment 109861

23 razors (a blatant lie there is only one) - Ikon B1
23 Edged blade - Polsilver Lodz
23 bristles - Captain Fawcett's
23 swirls of soap - Signature Soaps Danum
23 something or other - L'Occitane Cade balm

A 23rd wedded bliss anniversary shave starring a host of nice shaving bits. 23 years our second time around that is. This is our second time married to each other and the longest I know of in our bizarre (and probably illegal) status. My wedding song played at the wedding.......

And Mrs Satanfriendly's for today.....

'And I cast you to the depths of hell and the eternal pits of fire'

'Oh, you mean home then?'

A new blade and a very polished performance from a very polished act in the Ikon B1. So impressed by the Danum the other day I thought I'd better give it another day out. It also happened to be sat at the top of the pile and an easy reach for.

Throw it altogether in wedded harmony and voila ici, a most smooth and polished finish. Just the tonic to go with the 8 O'clock gin. A happy day and a happy shave to start it all off.

In all honesty I think 23 years a second time around says it is not all fire and brimstone and Mrs Satanfriendly is really a superb partner at heart. Just I'm rubbish.

Over to those darling Beaver girls to end this SOTD on. Have a lovely day people...

Congratulations! :)

441965F8-AEF8-4A20-8A4A-F98B1B7B6958.JPG

I've enjoyed the Speick shave stick for years, and finally bit the bullet and purchased the cream. Wow! Lovely product. I've been 'testing' some blades made in the Gillette Shanghai plant for the last few weeks, so I decided to have a shave with the GWS blade from the same location. It was a fairly uneventful shave. Maybe not a BBS, but a very nice DFS+ result. It's still very warm here in the Southeastern US so the Cooling Lotion was appreciated.

IMG_2553.jpeg
SOTD: 10/08/2023

Razor: Reggie’s Razor Titan
Blade: Astra SP, 2nd use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Løthur Tears Croap
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

Ok my fears about this being too assertive for daily use seem unfounded! The Titan’s lightness is its strength, so it seems to stay just balanced on the mid/aggressive boundary to give a wonderful shave irritation free. I’m beginning to like this DE quite a lot especially as it seems capable of as close, or closer a shave than some of my SE’s with the same lack of irritation or skin scraping some overly aggressive razors can be guilty of having. It’s also pushing me to explore lighter razors more too. If it continues to shave as well as this it’ll be a real bind to let it go!

Last edited:

A lazy but excellent cold water shave with very modest gear.

* Derby single edge disposable razor (3)
* Gillette ‘series’ sensitive shaving foam

That’s it. I’m really enjoying my cold water shaves lately. I have even less irritated skin and no ‘puffy’ look from shaving daily with hot water.

IMG_0674.jpeg

A most bodacious of days to you brethren of the Shaving fraternity and I bid you welcome to my shave with the theme, '23'

View attachment 109861

23 razors (a blatant lie there is only one) - Ikon B1
23 Edged blade - Polsilver Lodz
23 bristles - Captain Fawcett's
23 swirls of soap - Signature Soaps Danum
23 something or other - L'Occitane Cade balm

A 23rd wedded bliss anniversary shave starring a host of nice shaving bits. 23 years our second time around that is. This is our second time married to each other and the longest I know of in our bizarre (and probably illegal) status. My wedding song played at the wedding.......

And Mrs Satanfriendly's for today.....

'And I cast you to the depths of hell and the eternal pits of fire'

'Oh, you mean home then?'

A new blade and a very polished performance from a very polished act in the Ikon B1. So impressed by the Danum the other day I thought I'd better give it another day out. It also happened to be sat at the top of the pile and an easy reach for.

Throw it altogether in wedded harmony and voila ici, a most smooth and polished finish. Just the tonic to go with the 8 O'clock gin. A happy day and a happy shave to start it all off.

In all honesty I think 23 years a second time around says it is not all fire and brimstone and Mrs Satanfriendly is really a superb partner at heart. Just I'm rubbish.

Over to those darling Beaver girls to end this SOTD on. Have a lovely day people...

Congratulations and many happy returns to you both

SOTD: 10/08/2023

Razor: Rex Konsul
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 1st use
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Bowl
Preshave: Executive Shaving Fuar Ach Snog Oil
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic Puck
Aftershave: Fine Snakebite Aftershave
Balm: Myrsol Emulsion Lotion

Today was a long day. 11 hours back to back in work after a morning leg day workout. I’m also in a 600 calorie daily deficit right now, so lots of stress / cortisol.

Finally unwound with a relaxing night shave with the Konsul and B&M classic. I love that scent. IMG_4607.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom