SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

20241005_145057.jpg

Continuing OC October, this week's razor is the utterly fantastic R41GS

20241005_144934.jpg

Preshave - Hot Soak
Razor - Muhle R41GS
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Erasmic (Bowl Lathered)
Splash - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

20241005_144818.jpg

If Carlsberg made razors.....

Sat 5th October

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Alpha Classic G4 28mm
Lea Classic soap
PAL Adjustable
Schick S/S - Japan ( 4 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Have quite a few Razors tucked away in a room, which is used by my son for work. As a result I have missed Shaving with some excellent Razors. Today used one of my favourites for first time in a couple of years - PAL Adjustable. Took my time with first few passes, but soon got cutting angle right and was rewarded with a nice close all round finish.

IMG_2024-10-05-114818.jpeg

View attachment 126260
SOTD October 5. 2024.

Razor - Blackland Sabre V2 (3)
Blade - Personna Gem (7)
Soap - MDC - Rose
Brush - Dogwood / Milton M5 L3
Post - Thayer's Astringent
Frag - Floris - A Rose For Paul

A cracking shave again.
I haven't used this soap for awhile, simply fantastic as is the brush on its first use with me. Thanks to @Lorenzo44
The razor and blade combo is hard to beat imho, I love it anyway.
The Floris Rose edp has a really natural rose scent just perfect pairing with the MDC soap I used today.
Perfectly shaven and smelling fabulous! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and above all enjoy your shaves!

View attachment 126261

Paul.
Excellent to hear you are enjoying the brush it's a real beauty, I'm very tempted to get the new sabre do u recommend it

OCtober

Saturday 5th October

AP1GczNbiFLsEUoU9hNzUlXvyuCEiQ2AyIJz3czLZVfdisu_ycT-qRTEu1dnkYCj4-mMvpXLvDQGLac2sp93BxTBmIlmtwSUJEvukzGXA5xU8C037BhLZ8auaUV0bvayfhZy9qNSg90PT3CuhrAFXdnmcAaosw=w800

TOBS Jermyn Street (Discontinued) Shaving Bowl & Omega 10098 Professional Pure Bristle
Merkur 15C & Lion Super Stainless (2)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Another super shave with the Lion which is considerably more comfortable in this Merkur razor versus the Gillette Single Ring I used it in yesrterday. I think that says more about the razor than the blade, but again the blade delivered an eyebrow raising close and efficient shave.

Much thanks to @McShaver for the exchange of his TOBS Jermyn Street shaving bowl. I love it! I knew I would because it's the self-same formulation as a few that I have, but love the scent as well. I don't have any Jermyn Street splash but Drakkar Noir seemed to fit the bill so went with that. Likely, I'll get some of the splash in now. Cheers!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend, fellows ...

1000011429.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Wholly Kaw Project leather.
Razor Blackland Sabre V2 lvl2.
Blade Gem (2).
Aftershave Wholly Kaw Project leather splash.

I switched out the soap for a different one to see if the blade was being carried and I went straight for the shave without any 3P prep.
Again a pleasant two pass shave with no nicks or redness anywhere.
I am definitely becoming convinced that I have a bad batch of blades in the cube because it's like night and day with the actual cutting of the hair in the shave,the other blade did feel like I was shaving with a broken bottle a lot of the time and I am.not getting any of this with this blade.
I will be shaving with an OC razor tomorrow because I want to tow the line with OCtober as promised.
Enjoy the night all.

Johnny Bravo Do The Monkey With Me GIF

Razor = Mulhe Rocca
Blade =Rapira
Brush = Yaqi Atlantis
Soap = PAA Diver Down with matching splash.
Balm = Clarins Daily Moisturising Balm

IMG_3053.jpegBit of a late one tonight, wasn’t going to bother but decided to go for it. One of these days where i just wasn’t in the mood.
Thankfully the shave was fantastic so it lightened the mood a bit.
The Rocca paired with the Rapira was first class,
Not my favourite blade and not a favourite razor but tonight they delivered a bbs.
Enjoy your weekend

Back
Top Bottom