SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

SOTD: 6th October 2024.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Peppermint & Eucalyptus Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Unbranded Chinese Horsehair.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Orange Sunrise.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Yaqi DOC Mellon Razor Head./Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Duru Mandarin Cologne./Wilco Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The mild Yaqi DOC Mellon benefited wonderfully from the assertive Feather Hi stainless, cutting through my face stubble superbly.

I bloomed the top of the soap in tepid water for 5 minutes in the shaving bowl, then loaded the brush up with the bloom water mixed up the lather adding water to the tips of the brush and was rewarded with incredibly citrusy scented rich, creamy lather with a very good slickness and a wonderful post shave feeling to my face. I forgot how good Razorock soaps perform.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilco Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

06/10/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Erasmic AP Shave Co Silksmoke 24mm
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Edge - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk41 (2).jpg
A very enjoyable bit of sink time with the Blackland Tradere heavyweight this morning, i find it easy to manoeuvre around the face and it is a nice fit for my big mitts. This razor always delivers for me, BBS and comfortable from 2 passes with some touch up.
Enjoy your day all.

Sunday 6 October
After comparing my WW2 army oc razor with a 7 o’clock yesterday I thought I had better check it out a bit more closely. Main visual differences between the two razors are that the 7 o’clock has a slotted head and the WW2 pins and obviously the differences in finish. Same number of teeth in both, but WW2 are slightly thicker. Using yesterday’s Personna blade, the 7 o’clock performed exactly the same as the WW2 and gave the same result, a near bbs in one pass. Good choice then for their utilitarian razor by the WD folk of the day!
Have a great Sunday fellas!

IMG_0804.jpeg

Sun 6 Oct

CeraVe face soap & Proraso Blue

Razorine flatboy with thick handle
Treet carbon steel
Yaqi Moka Express 24 Mew Brown synthetic knot
Southern Withcraft Carpathia

Alum
Simple Witch Hazel facial toner
Boots No 7

First outing with the flatboy and a v successful shave. Look forward to trying it with sharper blades but this combo with the Treet was great anyway. A very audible shave - reminds me of the Yaqi double open slant I have - and v efficient. All done in 2 passes.

bowl lathered the soap (my recent PIF win). Lovely, unusual scent which was a great assault on the senses. Created a luxurious lather and I noticed it’s a step up from some other lower end soaps I’ve been using. Great cushioning & i’m hugely impressed that this turned out to be a vegan soap - could’ve sworn from the performance that it must’ve had tallow in it. I’m going to hold onto the SW tubs I won but will decant a fair bit of this to put in the PIF I’ll list later. Thoroughly recommend it performance wise and the scent is intriguing - perfect for Autumn & Winter.

IMG_0809.jpeg

DSC_2425 (1).jpg
Sunday Shave
RAZOR: RazoRock Superslant L2 Elite Razor Red/White/Blue Handle
BLADE: Personna Lab Blue
BRUSH: Elite Razor Barber Pole 26mm Manchurian White
LATHER: Ethos Mélange d’agrumes Shave Soap

1000010640.jpg
Found another open comb for OCtober.

Switched the Shark for a Supermax Blue Diamond after the first pass to enjoy a smoother shave.

Pjgh kindly sent me a sample of C&S Oxford & Cambridge. A gentlemanly scent with gentlemanly performance from a true gentleman!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Bostonian (long comb New)
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Henkverhaar (TSR) badger brush Walnut Silvertip
Lather: (SAMPLE) Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
Aftershave: Dunhill Dunhill for Men

Sunday 6th October
1000019890.jpg

GEM Micromatic Open Comb + GEM Stainless #7 + DScosmetic T4 Synthetic + Hampshire Wool Fat No4 + Alvarez Gómez Bergamota de Calabria EDT + Aloe Vera Gel

Back
Top Bottom