SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

Sunday 6 October
After comparing my WW2 army oc razor with a 7 o’clock yesterday I thought I had better check it out a bit more closely. Main visual differences between the two razors are that the 7 o’clock has a slotted head and the WW2 pins and obviously the differences in finish. Same number of teeth in both, but WW2 are slightly thicker. Using yesterday’s Personna blade, the 7 o’clock performed exactly the same as the WW2 and gave the same result, a near bbs in one pass. Good choice then for their utilitarian razor by the WD folk of the day!
Have a great Sunday fellas!

View attachment 126293
very cool.all are gillette made.including minora,7oclock,nacet models:cool:

OCtober

Sunday 6th October

AP1GczNbiFLsEUoU9hNzUlXvyuCEiQ2AyIJz3czLZVfdisu_ycT-qRTEu1dnkYCj4-mMvpXLvDQGLac2sp93BxTBmIlmtwSUJEvukzGXA5xU8C037BhLZ8auaUV0bvayfhZy9qNSg90PT3CuhrAFXdnmcAaosw=w800

TOBS Jermyn Street Shaving Cream & Omega 10098 Professional Pure Bristle
Merkur 15C & Lion Super Stainless (3)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Have a great week to come, guys!

Welcome to my first entry for this new week of SOTD's which by my standards arrives three days early. How damn punctual am I?

'Has he arrived before time?'
'He always does love'

In my new found self this shave is prematurely themed, 'Occults'

20241005_191313.jpg

Runic razor - Ikon B1
Baphometic blade - Polsilver Lodz
Black magic brush - Highlander 30mm Cashmere
synchromystical soap - Signature Londinium
Mephistopheles' moisturiser - Pure
Parapsychological perfume - YSL Myself

'Aye lad. Am not so sure if I'm a rosicrucianistic after reading the Fama fraternitiatis Rosie crucis or just plain simple?'
'Fancy a pint?'
'Aye. Sounds fucken gret'

So here it is my first entry for OCcultober. Sounds pretty good to me and right down my devilish street.

This shave was magically thrown together in a large pot over in Yorkshire being as that is where I was Saturday, practicing a bit of occultism in the dark art of shaving. I'm not sure where standing naked in the back garden came in to it, but the neighbours believed me.

So I called upon the Lord of razors, the Ikon to work his divinity upon my bristles and remove my facial ectoplasm. Incantations being supplied by the Londinium.

And the end result? A shave of paranormal proportions and facial stubble removed with runic magik. In essence, that were one fucking great bit o sink time.

I thought these were called Who the witch to add to the theme, but okay I'll go with the Who the bitch

Sunday

20241006_195339.jpg

And then I realised it is OCtober and a month of open combs. Bollocks. I really believed it was to be 31 days of occultism, a bit of holding hands and dancing free of clothing around pyres and the odd sacrifice or two. Now I've got a backyard full of bloody goats and I am stood outside freezing my knackers off. Goat soap anyone?

Stainless Mongoose
Kai Titan mild
Highlander Marine (because they finally won)
Savonniere Moulin
Simple moisturiser
M&S Spiced Amber

'And just imagine my love. We could strip out all the cooking utensils, fill it full of all my shaving accoutrements and voila! The best shaving cabinet on TSR!'

'You're not really buying this one are you?'

A corker of a shave back in Liverpool this evening and one very happy Mr Friendly. Great to get the donkey soap back on the menu and I can't even recall any Equus Africanus amongst the goats. Must be a bit of occultism at work

I will sign off with some more of those Who the Bitch girls. Very in vogue with me this moment.....or this shave anyway

And of course, I love you all

SOTD Monday 7 October
  • Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy (5) G1
  • Blade Viking Sword – Super Stainless Steel – Polymer Coated
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Vulfix Pure Badger
  • Cream Proraso – Red Sandalwood
  • Post Shave Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Viking blade was in my 1961 Gillette Adjustable FatBoy today.
1st use on this blade. I was lucky to have a few of these PIF for a participation challenge.

A beautiful indulgence shave. 1 slight weeper but no irritation.
Love the Proraso Sandalwood, and really nice scent.

The Viking blade was very smooth, these blades are manufactured by Personna in Israel.
They feel very comfortable, could easily be a daily shaver's blade.

75.jpg

Back
Top Bottom