SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

Razor = Feather AS - D2
Blade = Sharp 7am Plus Super Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake
Soap = Declaration Grooming Contemplation
with matching splash.
Balm = Ben Nevis By Bart’s Balms.
IMG_3074.jpegCouldn’t really be bothered shaving again today but ended up going for it.
i seem to be on a bit of a downer just now for no apparent reason so Contemplation seemed appropriate.
On reflection i’m glad i done it as the shave was superb.
i hadn’t used the blade in a couple of years and i remember it being rubbish however this shave was top notch.
My skin seems quite tender just now so don’t shave everyday and the feather paired with this blade was perfect.
The blade was smooth not sharp but just right,
Maybe a bit too smooth but paired with the feather it was always going to be that way.
I think i have 3 or 4 different versions of this blade so i’ll see how they go hopefully better than i remember.
Ok boys enjoy your week

OCtober

Monday 7th October

AP1GczPGJUjOvRmah0jbMjIqNac6lFiejeoH7gnPjAS7nsYq7PR-wDloeAtQvage1sPbToY5gSs0wZB7rG-DXpyZeweemVNkOpuG9yQRlRaOnf9lTiM0oB87MBi0c71rZ1DpjpAT-ktji6N8x_qjxF0pg0QB6w=w800

Rolls Razor (Vintage) Shaving Bowl & Razorock 400 Butterscotch Plissoft Noir Synthetic
Gillette 'New' Type (Short Comb) & Treet Durasharp (1)
Old Spice Musk for Men (Vintage) Lotion

Continuing open-comb October with this first iteration of the 'New' type with the short comb ... my setup for the week.

Carbon blade. Brass razor. Vintage lather. Vintage splash. Heaven!

Have a great week, all!

Razor = Feather AS - D2
Blade = Sharp 7am Plus Super Platinum ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake
Soap = Declaration Grooming Contemplation
with matching splash.
Balm = Ben Nevis By Bart’s Balms.
View attachment 126366Couldn’t really be bothered shaving again today but ended up going for it.
i seem to be on a bit of a downer just now for no apparent reason so Contemplation seemed appropriate.
On reflection i’m glad i done it as the shave was superb.
i hadn’t used the blade in a couple of years and i remember it being rubbish however this shave was top notch.
My skin seems quite tender just now so don’t shave everyday and the feather paired with this blade was perfect.
The blade was smooth not sharp but just right,
Maybe a bit too smooth but paired with the feather it was always going to be that way.
I think i have 3 or 4 different versions of this blade so i’ll see how they go hopefully better than i remember.
Ok boys enjoy your week
Great photo as usual, you always seem to have amazing matching gear.
I hope your spirits are raised soon if not I will have to lift them with further sexy adventures of Johnny Bravo.
johnny bravo home GIF

Great photo as usual, you always seem to have amazing matching gear.
I hope your spirits are raised soon if not I will have to lift them with further sexy adventures of Johnny Bravo.
johnny bravo home GIF
hahahahhaa thanks mate much appreciated.
Iv got far too much gear mate.
it’s not right & really no point.
Using a soap or cream twice, three times a year tells me if got far to much.
I need to start reducing

First shave with the Gamechanger 1.05 tonight, loaded with a Feather blade.
TOOBS Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
MWF Soap
Muhle Badger brush
Lathered using the Marco method
Alum
4711 Splash
Keihls Skin Food

Despite the rumours, a beautiful shave. Smooth, lots of feedback and feel, not as aggressive as I’d imagined.
Can still feel the MWF doing its stuff 10 minutes later.
Very impressed with the 1.05, I can see it being a regular!

hahahahhaa thanks mate much appreciated.
Iv got far too much gear mate.
it’s not right & really no point.
Using a soap or cream twice, three times a year tells me if got far to much.
I need to start reducing
I think most of us are in the same boat, I put a load in the loft to just have 3 soaps in rotation and because of that bloody @CunningMrFox I just filled the space all over again with his cast offs lmao.

DSC_2541.jpg
Tuesday Shave
RAZOR: MÜHLE Rytmo Steamed Ash Handle
BLADE: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless Green
BRUSH: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory new 18mm Silvertip Badger
LATHER: The Art of Shaving Sandalwood (vintage)
POST: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

September weekend 1981 my old boy passed away aged 36, I was 3 years old .
My old dear brought his shaving gear round yesterday, he had 3 Wilkie Stickys and a Gillette Slim twist, I reckon it was a blade and handle deal on the Wilkies.
I asked her what he used for soap? “Soap son” a bar of soap , Old Spice and Brylcreem.
I figured out how to shave by watching Ken Barlow in Corrie.
Funny old world.
Oh his brush? A Culmak Spartan.

Attachments

• IMG_9789.jpeg
    IMG_9789.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 8
SOTD Mon 7 Oct 2024

Happy Monday, shave
1D51BE00-D96B-4A4B-B14C-E298BB112074.jpeg
DSCosmetic green bowl
Simpsons Luxury Shaving Cream
DSCosmetic T4 26mm synthetic brush
Merkur 34C razor
Derby Premium blade
Homemade splash (witch hazel and essential oils)
Nivea Sensitive PSB
Forest Fresh ASL

Very nice relaxed shave tonight. Luxurious lather, brilliant brush and reliable razor/blade combination, all working together for a smooth, comfortable result. Swapped around a couple of my post shave items, using the balm before the aftershave. I read that fragrances work by ‘sticking’ to oils on the skin and wondered if the ASL would last longer if applied on top of the balm. Good theory, not sure if it worked in practice. The smell of the ASL didn’t seem to last much longer than usual, but I’ll keep trying for a few more shaves before making a judgment. May finish up dropping the ASL and just using balm on face and EDT on pulse points as using three different smells seems a bit much sometimes, we’ll see!

Back
Top Bottom