SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 October 2024.

PXL_20241008_053042757~5.jpg

lovely early morning shave. very smooth razor and I got pretty close even after the first pass. thick, protective lather and I love the smell of sandalwood. I find you need to use a bit more with proraso to get a great lather but I also had lather left over so I'll try using a bit less water instead.

the blade was part of a pif and was in a plain wrapper but it seems to be a crystal. I won't be buying more but I really liked it these last couple of shaves. will have a look at the sharpness charts for something comparable. it made the yaqi mellon perform pretty well and I'm looking forward to seeing how it does in the R41 next.

I dropped a couple of menthol crystals into this tai winds aftershave so it's lovely and refreshing and I'm wide awake and ready for the day.

08/10/24
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap Fig and Jasmine
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Karve Stainless B - OC
Blade - Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Wk41 (4).jpg
I decided to give the Karve OC plate a run out today which i don't really use. Today it has delivered a wonderful shave paired with the Gillette Sharpedge.
The OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol produced a very slick lather with that menthol edge. Not an ideal day for it with it being dark and damp outside but Hey-Ho. Finishing with a matching post shave routine leaving me in a menthol glow.
Enjoy your day all.

Tuesday 8th October
Canadian Schick E3 + Schick Chick #2 + RazoRock Plissoft + Hampshire Wool Fat No4 + Superdrug Forest Fresh + Aloe Vera Gel
1000019907.jpg

This most recent soap from Auntie Ratna is really excellent both in slickness and scent. The former is as good as her previous tallow soaps. The latter being the best scent she has come up with. There's a nice citrus, woody, floral top note.
Lovely shave with the Schick.

Tue 8th October

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Cyril Salter - MS Ed2band
Stirling Baker Street
Asylum Injector
Schick Proline ( 5 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

Shaving as weather gets chilly, is not really something that I look forward to. However, once under way does not seem so bad. Followed up the Shave very quickly with a nice shower, and feel nicely refreshed.

IMG_2024-10-08-092559.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom