SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

Saturday 6th January

ABLVV84qjORDbk2Up68rCzMZshsTPpeoly7U9u4pI-EebaoKa-KidAMqRVtj0TBw8NMho28TVEDY138bV59Qh5HQhx652BqUJ4A-6qesa_XISd3qKkvuuQFpAt7CDUfgzhT-SWZ8q7XW_G16MZnytaU4aVGzWA=w800

Tabac (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Razorock 400 Butterscotch Plissoft Noir 24mm
Leaf Twig & Fly Dear Super Platinum (1)
Tabac Aftershave

Immediately likeable, that blade ...

Some blades, you just know. Straight away. This is one of them, for me ... and it's right up there. Some blades need to prove themselves and rise through the ranks; this one would need to do something very wrong on its second shave to drop down the ranks. To me, it's the proverbial Rizla paper between the Personna Platinum Chrome German and Israeli made. Folks who like the older Indian Super Platinums but wish they were a tad sharper and enjoy the new breed of Indian Super Platinums but wish they were not quite as fierce will enjoy these blades immensely, I'm sure!

Last edited:
Razor = Rockwell 6c ( R4 )
Blade = Sputnik ( 1 )
Brush = Yaqi Cavern Lake 24mm Badger
Soap = HAGS Eulogy with matching splash
Balm = Barts Balm Ben More
IMG_0466.jpeg
Surprisingly decent shave tonight.
i’m not a lover of the 6c, blade or soap
so why did i use them lol.
The Razor for me isn’t great,
i have the 6s and i find the 6c a poorer version,
off course it is a poorer version it’s half the price with Aluminium rather than stainless.
Iv only used it half a dozen times but it’s not for me although this shave was very good. The blade i haven’t used for a number of years but again it was a pleasant surprise, Whether the second shave is any good remains to be seen.
I feel i’m ranting but iv only used this soap once in the past & i wasn’t impressed,
Tonight was different perhaps it was the brush i used or perhaps the last time was my fault
Who knows but overall it was a 8/10 shave with 3 products i didn’t rate.
Onwards & Upwards

SOTD Sat 6 Jan 2024

The weekend after shave
13C3EBE8-D5B0-4107-AEB7-EBCE11F94DEC.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - GF Trumper Limes
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 26mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38c
Blade - Shark SS (5)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing ASB
Fragrance - Bellini Homme

Refreshment - scotch (Craganmore) and dry ginger (Canadian Club)

The first weekend of a new year, and what a great shave to enjoy it with! Great razor, great shaving cream, great brush, great post ritual, all just, great!

257F87D9-5B73-42B0-872B-0CD190BB3661.jpeg
I’ve had my nails done, what do you think?
Very nice!

Sun 7
Soap Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
Brush Zenith 28mm Boar
Razor Wade & Butcher Steamship 7/8 Wedge
Aftershave RazoRock Mudder Focker
A very nice combination of soap, brush, and splash...great lather and wonderfully complementing scents!
This old hefty razor still provides an impeccably smooth, comfortable, and satisfying shave...
20240107_090058.jpg

SOTD: 7th January 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Imperial Leather Lavender & Wild Iris Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli essential oils
Blade: Super Shave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB./Milton Lloyd Essentials No.15 EdP.

Greetings,

The Baili BD 191 "Tech Clone" I originally bought to build a introduction starter kit for a workmate who was curious to try out traditional wet shaving, but like a lot of people he expected too much too soon and reverted back to using disposable/cartridge razors again....So he returned the Baili BD 191 razor to me along with a few other shaving items thanking me, saying it wasn't for him...Each to their own choice.

My only minor criticism with the Baili BD191 is the handle is slippery when wet, but i rub my fingertips with a alum block which give a better grip when shaving with it.
Like the Baili BD177 Rose Gold TTO & Kanzy K100 razors, the Baili BD 191 has a "closed head design" which gives extra protection and no risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving, which is something I like very much about all three razors.
The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'bottom heavy' which for my personal preference is a bonus for me as the weight of the razor does all the work with no pressure needed to be added when shaving...A very good razor apart from the slippery handle.

An acceptable close 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No. 15 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

07/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 02 (2).jpg
Enjoy your Sunday all.