SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

Sunday evening

Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm
Face lather
RazoRock Black Hawk V2
Feather Professional
Thayer's Cucumber and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

Like @Digimonkey, there was substantial razorrific, saponific and sharper-ific planetary alignment this evening, for me.

The Spitfire soap just seems to get better and better with each use. The combination of leather, juniper and tobacco seems to me redolent of fuel oil. I'm not sure if this was intentional by Kerry @phoenixandbeau; but it does seem to underscore the aviation heritage, as well as that of his family.

I never tried the first version of the Hawk; but V2 is a very smooth operator. So much, that using the sharp Feather blade provided a really close, efficient shave. I like this razor: wider head = fewer passes.

As has become customary, after the final cold rinse, the remaining soap gets squidged on to my face (I refuse to waste soap). As well as checking for any areas for buffing, I leave it on whilst clearing up my kit. It just seems to enhance the post-shave feel.

Finished off with the Proraso. Excellent.
607F1DD8-5875-444B-B328-D832CA083D1B.jpeg

Evening shave.

Olive Oil Soap
Saponification Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Gillette Fatboy
Gillette Nacet (1)
Thayers Witch Hazel (unscented)
OSP Neroli Aftershave Tonic

After spending most of the day out and about in the very persistent London drizzle (ideal Harksmoor weather @Digimonkey) I needed a little sunshine in my shave and this evenings software fitted the bill perfectly. Have a good week gents.

SOTD 08 April 2018 :)

lavender.jpg

Pre-shave - Warm bath with Epsom salts, Wright's Cold Tar Soap wash followed by warm water splash.
Soap - OSP Lavender.
Brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 synthetic.
Bowl - Littke Wren Pottery.
Razor - Rex Ambassador.
Blade - Muhle DE (day 2).
Post shave - Myrsol After Shave Balsamic Water, followed by Bart's Lavender Shave Balm.
Aftershave - Barts Aftershave Lotion Lavender.

A very late Sunday shave, nice and relaxed - after seeing posts on lavender shaves on SOTD a few weeks ago, I decided to give it a go.

A very relaxed shave, the Epsom salts bath was a great way to start, very restorative; especially after as good Saturday night with the Mrs :)

The OSP lavender did not dissapoint - great protective qualities, glide and scent. I love shaving with the Rex Ambassador, I dialed it up today to 4.5 for the first pass; with 3 for the second and third passes. I find SE shaving much more efficient efficient, both in terms of speed (fewer passes) and in shave quality. However, shaving with the Rex Ambassador seems to be more fun, if that makes sense!

My second outing with the Muhle DE blade - I wanted to love this blade out of the box,as I really enjoy the Muhle razors (notbaly the Rocca) and shaving brushes, however, I have found the blade thus far to be non-descript - a decent shave, sadly nothing to write home about - I expected more, given the quality of the other Muhle offerings.

The Barts balm and aftershave are excellent - great performance and for the price, an absolute steal.

I enjoyed the lavender shave, very relaxed and my skin felt great afterwards.

I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

All the best,

Chris

Attachments

• lavender.jpg
    lavender.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 6
Rvzn6BF.jpg

Palmera 14
Island Bladeworks - Elite 2-band
B&M Le Grand Chypre
LAB AS[/QUOTE

Love the colours; beautiful, thanks.

Sotd - Saturday 7-04-18

Razor - Rockwell 6c (4)
blade - Polsilver SI (1)
soap - SV Tundra Artica
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two band LE
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tobacco
balm- Weleda
scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - f**k me that was good.

Do you ever get a shave where the planets align perfectly? Just wonderful. This was one for me. I had never used a Rockwell before. I picked it up as part of a trade - thanks again @Wayne Pritchard - what a razor. I now understand why they get so much love. It's the first DE I have used this year I think - such was my infatuation with vintage single edges but the Rockwell just works. Straight out of the box - no learning curve. Nice heft and hand feel - a standard thread handle that will do well with my Ikon heads - the 101 being my default travel razor. A quality bit of kit - punching well above its cost. It's quiet in operation but left me bbs in two passes. No need to polish my problem spots. For me a fantastic razor. I get the point now about the Rockwell. Helped no end by a bit of a bric a brac software approach. SV soap needs no further praise - undoubtedly expensive but worth it - fantastic for me. If I could just nail the scent down? Can't fault the performance. Top end stability of lather, slickness and glide. A soap that you could well just use with no post shave treatment - so good is the face feel - but where's the fun in that? First use of the Vitos Tobacco after shave - I wasn't initially keen on the way it smelt - but it goes on much nicer - it's quite sweet for a tobacco scent. My face liked it a lot though. The scent is quite ephemeral - fair enough - it went quickly - didn't interfere with the Creed. Nice. A fantastic shave - may all yours be that good - I.

@Digimonkey +1 when the shave planets arise :)

I have never tried the Rockwell - however, I love the iKon 101 and I agree a razor that travels very well :)

Chris

Body Shop Maca Root Cream
YaqI 24mmTuxedo Marble Handle
R41
Voskhod (3)
L'oreal Post Shave Balm

Three shaves in with the R41, I'm getting to grips with this razor.
It's wider head means there is very little blade over hang, making XTG pass under the nose easier.
I got a couple of small weepers due to rushing. Lesson learned here.
Body shop cream post shave feel is good but I opted for a little balm for added suppleness and hydration.

Where did the weekend go?, I ask myself. . .

Monday 9th April

Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Cella Soap
Omega 10029 Boar Brush
Ikon SBS on a Windrose Handle
Treet Silver Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Nivea Skin Energy Double Action Balm
Lynx Dark Temptation AS

3 passes for a wonderful BBS Shave:)

A hard frost this morning so yet again....no motorcycle commute to work (call me a big softie!). Today also sees the start of our emergency rota in work...resulting in a lot less time at home:(

upload_2018-4-9_7-55-20.jpeg
Brush: Omega S10083
Soap: Meißner Tremonia Wild Woods
Razor: Vigshaving combination head (open comb side) on RazoRock bamboo SS handle
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum (1)

Why can't every shave be like this one?

Three days growth, a shower beforehand, and the brand-new edge of a Bic CrPt in the open-comb end of this weird razor made short work of everything, ably assisted by the incredibly lubricious Meissner Tremonia soap.

There was one tiny weeper in that indentation between mouth and chin, but into each life a little rain must fall. I remain a very happy shaver this morning.

Monday 9th April

Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Cella Soap
Omega 10029 Boar Brush
Ikon SBS on a Windrose Handle
Treet Silver Carbon Steel Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Nivea Skin Energy Double Action Balm
Lynx Dark Temptation AS

3 passes for a wonderful BBS Shave:)

A hard frost this morning so yet again....no motorcycle commute to work (call me a big softie!). Today also sees the start of our emergency rota in work...resulting in a lot less time at home:(

Better a big softie than an organ donor....ride safe, shave happy! ;) P.

Pre: Warm water face wash
Brush: Black Anvil, Maseto 26mm 2BF
Soap: Grooming Dept. Ambrosia
Razor: Igor (on loan)
Blade: Gem SS

IMG_20180409_100150.jpg
It's been about 4 weeks since I last used this soap and the lid has been off all that time. Has it helped? Well the smell (Eau De Tomcat) has calmed down a bit, but for now the lid remains off.
I went back to the mid setting on Igor and now I've got used to the lightness of it, I had a great shave with it.
This really is a fantastic little razor. The mid setting is smooth and very efficient. I don't see the need to try it on the higher setting but curiosity may get the better of me.
Happy Shaving one and all.

Back
Top Bottom