SOTD: Saturday 8 June - Friday 14 June 2024.

Always regret selling mine tone. I messaged pascal recently and he said he’s gearing up for another batch . I know it’s been years since he produced and if he does the polished finish again - I’ll be shelling out for the 86 plate. Still don’t know why I sold it lol.

Razor - Timor
Blade - Personna Platinum
Brush - Simpson M6 synth
Lather - MWF

To be honest, with this tried and tested kit, I’d be disappointed if I didn’t get an excellent shave. Sometimes I need an extra swizz on the cheekal area, so it wasn’t quite a two pass shave. Great results, though.

Used my new M6 brush. I love the knot, but I was also pleased that it was an easy grip in my gnarly arthriticky hands.

I wish I could shave every day rather than every second day. I may have to go back to sticking my face in a gro-bag…

Tech June-kies

Friday 14th June

Tabac (Veg 2021) Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1940s) Bakelite & Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (2)
Tabac (Vintage) Aftershave

Switched to the top cap from my pre-War again ... and once again, delightful!

I'm really enjoying my week with Tabac and will swap to the now vintage tallow version for the weekend. On that, have a great one chaps.

what is this we're looking at here? is your soap covered with shards of plastic? is that cellophane? is this a smashed glass effect on the photo and I'm being dense and missing the joke? menthol crystals don't do that? I can't work out what this is.
Gotta be honest I thought it was some form of plastic covering until I almost grabbed it. But they were crystalline so I can only assume that they are menthol crystals. This thing is no scent and only menthol, so I assume it must be so saturated that it precipitated out. Disappeared under lathering, I'll see what happens when it dries out again.

I find the Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint was on par with this. I could only get the Cryogen soap and balm as the splash contained alcohol and can't be shipped.

I find the Master soap creations Frosted Spearmint was on par with this. I could only get the Cryogen soap and balm as the splash contained alcohol and can't be shipped.
Yeah I'd bought the soap and balm from maggards. Managed to get the splash from anticatura, they get it in from time to time and luckily their shipping isn't too bad.

I've not tried the Spearmint, only tried the MSC frosted lavender which was lovely but I suspect they aimed that one more to the scent side.

And as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's this shave arrives free of any excessive packaging, quipy mannerisms, expletive language, inuoendos or pointless drivel. It will at some point include those Puffyshoes girls. It is a Friday after all.

And the theme shall be, 'Free'

https://giphy.com/3ohc1573tIrwAsCMzS

CFC free - Tatara Nodachi
Lead free - Wizamet Super Iridium
Beard free - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Harmful chemicals free - Krokos
Dry skin free - L'Occitane Cade balm
Odour free - Krokus EDC
https://giphy.com/RPVbxCet6eWdy If indeed you have just returned after 'trying later' because the giphy said so, then I shall see you later in that nice place with the padded cells where they use needles to help you sleep. And if they are not helping you sleep, then it is because they like sticking needles in you. Mrs Satanfriendly does the same for me, but because she thinks I'm too satanic. It's in the job description love, in the job description.
https://giphy.com/Wy5TyjIBDkSNEDFp38 'No no love! I don't have a heart. In my bottom, yeh, in my bottom'

And other than your usual garbage, do you have any shaving report Mr Friendly?

I do indeed. It was smashing. Will that suffice? Okay. A new blade in the Nodachi and what a lovely pairing. Then again these Super Iridiums tend to suit most razors I've used them in. A kind of type 'O' of the blade world. I do have to thank Mr Digital Simian for ever introducing them to me.

The Krokus, a God of Soaps. A strange champagne gold larger lather, but if it was good enough for crap 90's HiFi then it's good enough for me. Then again I'm happy with anything as those people who help me sleep say I need to be happy. So I am.... really I'm a miserable twat, but hey ho.

And the matching Krokus EDC? Strange, but beautifully strange. I'm not beautiful. Or handsome.

Mix all these bits and pieces together and a shave worthy of shaving worthiness.

I'm afraid it's that time where whether you like them or not you're getting some puffyshoes. I like them. They are so LoFi they are brilliant. Anyway time for the blue pills the size of a walnut. Oh my, it's a suppository.