SOTD: Saturday 8 June - Friday 14 June 2024.

74D10507-E910-4895-8997-5B0EB292D312.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 SiLVERTiP
The Godfellas Smile Syntesi
Polsilver Łódź (1)
Speick stick
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Speick Active a/s

Impressive and pleasant first use of the Syntesi., which was the opposite of the recently acquired and despatched Styletto.
Easy and intuitive to find the shave angle, and smooth on all passes.
Quite a similar experience to the Overlander, which is a very good thing in my book. It’s a bit too heavy at 98 g for my ideal preference, but it doesn’t detract from the performance or enjoyment.
Enjoy yours chaps.

SOTD: 13th June 2024.

d.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Arko Fresh shaving cream.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Alcolado glacial mentholated splash lotion./Arko Fresh ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Another acceptable shave to finish my shaving week.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Arko Fresh ASB.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 13-Jun
1000028630 (2).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: MSC Only The Brave
Razor: ER Ambassador
Blade: GEM PTFE

Today they've named Dupelgänger Day, so shave with something that is a knock off of an established scent.

I'm not particularly keen on this one, I was never a fan of Diesel Only The Brave and I had already used Stirling so Haverford was out. It's not bad but there's something in it that is just a little too sweet for me.

Photo theme, well with theft being the real theme I thought the Pirate category fitted nicely enough.

Additional challenge was to do a copy of the soap label, you could use anything but thought I'd quickly put pencil to paper. Last years Electric Mayhem was much better, but I did it quickly during a meeting at work!

Happy shaves all!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 13/06/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 5th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Green Cream
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have a nice day!

Thursday 13 June
Early on in my wet shaving days I bought some soaps on TSR and today’s soap still gets an airing from time to time. It’s been decanted into an old pot and still gives a fine creamy no-nonsense lather. The brush given to me by my parents many years ago is an old ToBS which also has had a busy life but has now been given a second chance with a synthetic knot.
The brass GEM Micromatic I just picked up on the bay, it has been well used, most probably more in its early life as the box looked like it had been stored a while in a dusty attic, but it still performs well, as it did today with the GEM blade.
An easy bbs in 2 passes plus pick ups.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0660.jpeg

Thursday 13th June
Ever Ready 1914 - GEM Stainless #1 - Yaqi Moka Express - La Toja Stick - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000018695.jpg

With thanks to Mike @mpf9ret for the La Toja Stick which was a surprise gift which accompanied the Schick Injector.

Back
Top Bottom