SOTD: Saturday 9 March - Friday 15 March 2024.

SOTD: 9th March 2024.

13.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 830.
Mug Lather.
Lather: Williams Shaving Mug soap.
Blade: Treet Dura Sharp (Carbon) Yellow/Red pack. (1)
Razor: Parker 92R. (Face)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head) - (D3)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL./ Boots Freshwood ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...I can't recall the last time that I used the Parker 92R, which provided me with a close efficient shave.

The Williams Mug Shaving Soap provided a good slick performing lather leaving an excellent post shave feel. It's always a pleasure to use Williams which is sadly no longer made.

The Indian Gillette guard continues to mow through my head stubble with effortless ease.

A close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face & precious swede are both feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD 09-Mar
20240307_120936-01.jpeg
Prep: SSC Haverford Pre-shave
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: SSC Haverford
Razor: CG Lvl 3
Blade: Wizamet

I only have two pre-shaves, this and Maggards Lavender. Neither of which I feel add to the shave but seeing as I added it to a cart to make it worth the postage I may as well use it. If nothing else it just carries the scent right from the beginning to the last spray.

One note on the razor that I have finally admitted to myself. I went to (stupid) lengths to get the gen1 and I've finally come to the conclusion that this newer version of the CG level 3 really does outstrip the original...for me(can't speak for the gen2). Sure it's slightly bulkier so isn't quite as nimble under the nose, but in terms of comfort it is miles ahead and has the same level of efficient finish. Now I'm not saying I would get rid of the other, I do enjoy it, but it really does make it even more of a shame that they shut down production so early into the new ones creation.

Ramble over, cracking shave and smelling good.

Hope everyone has a good'un.

Cheers

Marc

Saturday 9 March

I questioned the Treet yesterday but after using it today in the Alpha brass it must have been a lack of a good match with the Flatboy yesterday since it was excellent today. Nice feedback and bbs in 2 passes plus some pick ups.
Williams soap applied with a low cost Boots pure badger. Doesn’t have the name of more expensive brushes but clearly great value for money.
Have an excellent weekend fellas!

IMG_0521.jpeg

9 March

Signature Soaps Capra Deva
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Men’s Grooming Vetiver and Sandalwood balm

317226F5-1205-4C06-8AFF-C191FBA72040.jpeg
A super Saturday shave. Everything aligned to produce a more than satisfying two pass shave. The Capra Deva is a great soap, I really love it and the easy lather it produces. The Nodachi is an amazing razor, a favourite for its smooth, close, easy shaves and the T3 brush is simply a bargain brush in the Simpson range. Happy weekend.

Today's shave:

rdt240309.jpg

- MacDuff's Soap Co. Chinook Sky
- Shavemac SynBad
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Myrsol Don Miguel aftershave

:D

09/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Synth Maggards Knot
Soap - P&B Star Noir
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Kai DE Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm
A/S - Copycat Just Neroli
Wk 11  (1).jpg
The shiny "Thors hammer" PILS & KAI pairing is sublime for me, a really nice set up for todays effort.
Enjoy your day all.

A&E ‘L’Orange Verte’
Cadman reknotted ASP 24mm G5A SHD
Gibbs adjustable
Personna #3
A&E aftershave splash

First use of a early production Cadman brush in orange and black resin pre- badging which came with a black badger knot which was mediocre so I’ve re-knotted with the synthetic ASP G5A knot which on it’s first use is soft but with a firm back bone. It’s a miserable cold wet overcast morning so had to use the orange scented soap and splash to perk myself up! Have a relaxing weekend folks.

Back
Top Bottom