SOTD: Saturday 9 September - Friday 15 September 2023.

A great, smooth, incident free shave. The 38C does seem to need more care taken than the 34C or it might be the sharper blade (can't say I like the Astra's much!) But still a damn fine shave!
The 38C is a much heavier razor in the handle, so there can be a tendency to counter this and apply more pressure to the head, and that can make it feel more aggressive. Also, I suggest trying the Gillette Nacet blade. Works every time in every razor IMHO. Nice mid-range (not too aggressive and not to dull) blade.
Glad the razor worked well for you!

My gosh. From a tallow man to a can man.
Found this one in the house which my wife uses...

View attachment 111202
I’ve used gel on and off for years! It’s the old-tech foam with the old-fashioned scent that I’m specifically enjoying.

The razor doesn’t clog as readily and seems to get to the skin as it should. Not actually that dissimilar to a soap. Not a good soap, mind … but more like a soap than the gel, certainly.

Hello Gents
i haven’t been on here that much on the last couple of weeks.
A combination of too many hours in 40 plus degree heat, Time difference and the most importantly
it’s a wonderful playground at the weekend
@Satanfriendly would be proud of me but unlike him i think i better keep the pictures to myself ;)
Enjoy Your Weekend Boys

IMG_2352.jpegIMG_2264.jpegIMG_2232.jpegIMG_2200.png

Last edited:
IMG_2834.jpeg
SOTD: 14/09/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Proshave S, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Nanny’s Silly Soap Moroccan Sands Croap
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: William Hunt Oud De Parfum Eau de Toilette

This base just gets better every time I use it!

SOTD 15-Sep
20230914_163704.jpg
Brush: Chubby 1 Best
Soap: Seaforth Sea Spice Lime
Razor: Atelier Durdan Vestige (++)
Blade: GEM PTFE (4)

Ok I really like this vestige head, again not as blade forward as I normally use but still efficient. I've seen comparisons to the vector, and it is just as easy to use but I think it has a little more character.

The finish though I'm not so keen on, certainly on the handle anyway. It looks nice but but it is slippy. I've not had any accidents but as soon as you get any lather on your hands then it starts to move, certainly for me anyway.

If the machined or satin finish has a little better grip then I will pick one up. Trouble is in trying to find information, there's no clear pics but I have asked if any are available. Someone does have the machined finish so I'll have to drop them a line and see how they're getting on.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Friday 15 September

Tatara Masamune
Unknown blade 3rd use
ToOBS Sandalwood stick
uBrush blue ivory 24mm SynBad

I expected more feel from this oc head, don’t think it was blade fade, but it felt quite mild which is no bad thing, just requiring repeat passes to get a smooth finish. No irritation or weeps though, so happy chappy I am.
Enjoy POETS day fellas!

IMG_0297.jpeg

Des Champs. Born Glasgow 1898 to parents Laga and Tennent McEwan. A well known drunkard in his local watering hole 'The Cock and Seaman' who later found fame pretending to be French and selling a urinal to the Tate. He is also the inspiration to this shave themed after him, 'Résumé numéro cinq, fountain'

20230914_194121.jpg

A fountain of razors - Razorock Hawk V3
A urinal of blades - Feather Professional
A toilet brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Urine soap - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Toilet gel - Nivea moisturiser

'You try finding a blokes wall mounted piss pot in a women's toilet'

'Fountain' by Des Champs. Often thought of as being a example of conceptual art but actually evolved while Des, in an inebriated state, accidently ripped a urinal off a pub wall. In order to make a few bob for another case of Aldi North Korean lager he sold the piece to the Tate gallery for 3s/6d. A princely sum which bought two cases with a free poster of Kim Jong Un with the message

'맥주를 마시고 담배를 피워도 행복하세요'

My shave

'Satan, I am your lather', and it was. I really like this Swirling Soapery stuff. At first I just thought 'Got to support these smaller artisan people', but in reality it is a superb bit of lathery Soapery. A killer scent and great properties. The Dandelion does what the Dandelion does. My first experience of a Cashmere knot and still a fine performer today. Lather happiness.

As much as I have been using quite a few DE's of recent there is something still advantageous of SE razors. Far less mirror time which in my case is a massive plus for the mirror. 'Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the ugliest of them all?'. I really didn't know mirrors could laugh.

I remember reading, 'SE blades. Blades the size of windscreen wipers'. May I suggest to those people you buy a new car. Mine are 75cm and would be pretty difficult to shave with. Plus I don't think rubber is the ideal material for shifting facial fluff. As it is though SE blades are superbly efficient and have a longevity probably better than my wipers. In this case the Feather is a wonderful match to the Hawk and a superbly
effortless three passes to shaving heaven.

Time for a piss. 'Where the fuck has the urinal gone? Des......'

And free with every two cases of South Korean Lager you get a performance from Drinking Boys and Girls Choir

And just in case you thought I was just making up a silly name for a pub, here is what we got locally some 10 years or so back

2820FAD400000578-3062931-image-m-14_1430413278603.jpg

And to think they had plans turned down for 'The Cock n Cider'

Last edited:
Des Champs. Born Glasgow 1898 to parents Laga and Tennent McEwan. A well known drunkard in his local watering hole 'The Cock and Seaman' who later found fame pretending to be French and selling a urinal to the Tate. He is also the inspiration to this shave themed after him, 'Résumé numéro cinq, fountain'

View attachment 111205

A fountain of razors - Razorock Hawk V3
A urinal of blades - Feather Professional
A toilet brush - Yaqi Dandelion
Urine soap - York Swirling Soapery Arabian Dreams
Toilet gel - Nivea moisturiser

'You try finding a blokes wall mounted piss pot in a women's toilet'

'Fountain' by Des Champs. Often thought of as being a example of conceptual art but actually evolved while Des, in an inebriated state, accidently ripped a urinal of a pub wall. In order to make a few bob for another case of Aldi North Korean lager he sold the piece to the Tate gallery for 3s/6d. A princely sum which bought two cases with a free poster of Kim Jong Un with the message

'맥주를 마시고 담배를 피워도 행복하세요'

My shave

'Satan, I am your lather', and it was. I really like this Swirling Soapery stuff. At first I just thought 'Got to support these smaller artisan people', but in reality it is a superb bit of lathery Soapery. A killer scent and great properties. The Dandelion does what the Dandelion does. My first experience of a Cashmere knot and still a fine performer today. Lather happiness.

As much as I have been using quite a few DE's of recent there is something still advantageous of SE razors. Far less mirror time which in my case is a massive plus for the mirror. 'Mirror, mirror on the wall who is the ugliest of them all?'. I really didn't know mirrors could laugh.

I remember reading, 'SE blades. Blades the size of windscreen wipers'. May I suggest to those people you buy a new car. Mine are 75cm and would be pretty difficult to shave with. Plus I don't think rubber is the ideal material for shifting facial fluff. As it is though SE blades are superbly efficient and have a longevity probably better than my wipers. In this case the Feather is a wonderful match to the Hawk and a superbly
effortless three passes to shaving heaven.

Time for a piss. 'Where the fuck has the urinal gone? Des......'

And free with every two cases of South Korean Lager you get a performance from Drinking Boys and Girls Choir

And just in case you thought I was just making up a silly name for a pub, here is what we got locally some 10 years or so back

View attachment 111222

And to think they had plans turned down for 'The Cock n Cider'
Chris, you surpass yourself with each daily missive and truly make my day, thank you. I laugh so much that the tears make the fotos of your shave kit look really weird to me, :ROFLMAO:

SOTD: 15/09/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Muhle Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Back from a trip to Spain and - back home - happy to be using one of my favourite combos again. Enjoy your day!

Friday 15th September
Ever Ready Natural Angle HFT - GEM Stainless #4 - Signature Soaps Novus Spice - Yaqi Robin - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230914-120806-01.jpg

15/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd 1899 - 1923. The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - Andrew - @Shavers delight
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Old Spice Original
Wk  37a (7).jpg
A nicely scented, slick lather for todays shave.
I have to say the shave was not as smooth as its "brother" earlier in the week, saying that i am still smooth and comfortable from my 2 pass shave routine with a little touch up here and there.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom