SOTD: Saturday 9th June- Friday 15th June 2018.

udhvMhxa_o.jpeg

Yaqi Moka Mew Express
Rockwell 6S
Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3)
Valobra Cologne
Nivea 2 Phase & Crabtree and Evelyn Sevillian Neroli EDC

First use of this brush and it is a superb brush, a bit more backbone to my other Yaqi brushes but I like it. Beautiful looking handle and a nice weight to it. Superb shave today no issues or sting or anything. In hindsight I wish I went for menthol in my choices of soap and post shave. Though the Valobra is top notch and the Neroli most pleasant and refreshing.

Sunday's shave:

Razor - 1950's Gillette Tech.
Blade - Polsilver (1).
Brush - Vulfix 404 with a synthetic knot.
Cream - GFCC, original.
Afters - Arko Fresh balm.
EDT - Hugo Boss Tonic
Really enjoying the Gillette Tech. A £4 razor which does what it needs to do. Smooth chops :)

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Paladin Lotus Select Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Super Iridium (3)
Scent: Caron Yatagan

Sometimes an Artisan Soap maker goes for a theme or vibe with their soap scent, and you don't quite get it. Other times, they absolutely nail it. Well, I have no idea what a barbershop in a ghost town actually smells like, but I totally get the vibe with this scent. Little wonder it has topped a few polls on the US boards for favourite soap scent. The soap performance was also very good.
The Paladin brush is starting to loosen up a little as it breaks in. Even at this early stage, the tips are super soft and luxurious.
Three passes for a very enjoyable DFS+.

image.jpg Bay rum before breakfast!

Prep ~ Valbora Glycerlanolina soap, Shower
Razor ~ Ever-Ready Streamline
Blade ~ Personna Gem Stainless
Soap ~ OSP - BayRum
Brush ~ YaQi Moka Express Badger
Bowl ~ TSR Group Buy 2016
Post ~ Extro Bay Rum Aftershave
Scent ~ Bayolea from Penhaligon's

OSP was my first favourite artisan soap and remains one of my favourite range of soaps today, I think Bay Rum was OSP's first scent used when James first started making /selling his soaps and is one of the top OSP scents for me in my collection of his soaps.

The M E Badger soon whipped up a creamy lather, the Bay Rum scent reasonably strong but not overpowering, the resulting lather was painted on my face with the ample badger knot and it was to work with another old favourite, the Streamline which made easy work in removing my stubble.
Fresh faced and smooth skinned I applied a splash of Extro bay Rum aftershave which always leaves my skin feeling moisturised, it's got an oil or maybe glycerin in it, I love it.
This was followed by Penhaligon's take on Bay Rum," Bayolea," not your typical Bay Rum, more refined and no cloves, very nice indeed.

Wishing you a good day......P.

Last edited:
Monday 11th June

Olive Oil Soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
GFCC Caribbean Lime Shaving Cream
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic Brush
Yaqi 'Charcoal' Razor with a Polisilver Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Bart's Balm Lime Oil ASB
Old Spice Fresh Lime AS
Iceberg Twice EDT

Three passes for a smooth and comfortable shave. A good start to the week:)

Back
Top Bottom