Sotd : Saturday 9th to friday 15 November 2019

YwY07a6.jpg

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Date:- 13 November 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cheshire
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB SS 'D' / Wizamet Polsilver Brown Stainless #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Williams Wednesday-13th Nov

Simpson Chubby 1 / Maggards Finest 2band
Williams Mug soap
Gem Micromatic [ Bullet Tip]
Gem S/S { 2 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

I am beginning to like the most modern of the Micromatics, having discovered it hidden away with some 1912s -it was the box that done it. It is probably classified as being mild, but I found it to be very smooth and forgiving and so I am able to work away to get an ultra close finish without causing any problems.

IMG_0257.jpg

E35374E7-2969-4374-9A1F-8940C0DF108D.jpeg
As I suspected, when I switched out the Yaqi 4” handle for my 3.25” Bulldog, which I'm quite used to, I ended up with a 2 pass BBS of both face and head. Love that scalloped head coupled with the open comb. In addition, I finally found a scentless AS that my new wife of 4 yrs can tolerate. My first wife loved all my AS's, but the new one is fragrance-sensitive and gets migraines. I feel smooth, clean and refreshed!

SOTD 11/13/19

RAZOR: DLC-Yaqi head w/ RR Bulldog handle
BLADE: Voskhod
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub w/ PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Pre-shave soap
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Face and noggin wash w/ MWF followed by Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel and finished with Fine Snake Bite AS Splash

Wednesday 13th November
Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Rose of Bulgaria cream - General Al - Schick Proline P â„–5 - Alum - Rose of Bulgaria A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
s4GmP4d.jpg

Had a tooth extraction this morning, so had to wait for anaesthetic to wear off before this shave. Sharp blades and numb face definitely don't mix. I was rewarded with a very smooth, close result.

Back
Top Bottom