SOTD: Saturday April 22 - Friday 28 April 2023.

Perhaps they were marketed there under other names, maybe even had a deal with MARCK straight razors.
It’s all guesswork Toby, the data in Waits on the Czar is very light, apart from French unknown factory. Quite a number of razor manufacturers came and went. Competition from the majors like Gillette, Schick, GEM etc must have sunk quite a few over the years.
Still it’s satisfying to be able today to enjoy a vintage razor that can give a perfectly acceptable shave.

Wednesday AM 2023-04-26
Birthdate in 1921 of Borisav Milojkovic (Borra), history's most famous stage pickpocket
BnSXH2z.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Horn Finest (24/54)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Paradigm 17-4
Personna 74 Tungsten (8)
Maurer & Wirtz 4711 aftershave
rEEx1ks.jpg

Wednesday 26th April

AJFCJaU5ccLPMH_VW8-q_bFWtOBW8B98z88w0BgEIvGuSlYvm2oS-VV0QTlMibguFVvbl6Lm48Ft5rq2g_DEXwh91uzJTJCN-OKSwy4BzgzSO04dCpxX96juskKqNqS_Or8oiTiexoZ5782BmWshuFskT0Tzsg=w800

Wickham 1912 Club Cola Shaving Soap & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech & Gillette Super Nacet Platinum (Malaysia)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Continuing Artisan April ...

... and a short run through some far-east market Gillette blades, tonight the Malysian marketed Super Nacet Platinum which I found very much like the Vietnam Super Thin which I used last night. Neither reached the immediate delight of the Thai Super Thin. Good ... very good, even. Not great.

Stuck with the Schick again today

Schick J3
Persona Blade (2)
Hampshire Lanolin No1/2
FS Synthetic
Nivea Caffiene Balm

Short of time tonight, so Schick seemed the ideal tool for the job. Brush/soap/balm were just what came to hand, all work well for me.

Easy, smooth and close enough two pass shave. Still happy having a bit of run with the SE razors for another day or two yet.

Stay well all

A midday shave which is strange for me, but as my wife says, 'You're just strange...you tosser'

But whenever it arrived I did manage to put a shave together themed, 'Doncaster'

20230426_121946.jpg

Rovers - Occams Enoch
Mallard - Kai Titan mild
Flying Scotsman - Hive-2
Danum - Signature Soaps (but) Londinium
Dandong - L'Occitane Cade balm
Yungblood - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

Actually when I look at it all it isn't such a bad place after all and certainly had its own fair share of fame. And coal. It certainly gave me a great upbringing where I learnt all sorts of life skills. Fighting, setting fire to things, setting fire to more things, more fighting and how to catch crabs. Plus it gave me a good reason to run away to sea because 'I dint wan t'go darn pit'. The catching crabs lesson certainly came in handy.
'Have some of these you bastard'

So this shave was all about dispelling the myth that the Enoch really has the worse blade loading one could imagine. Dispelling the myth unable to be proven. It really is crap. Where it fails though is where the negative stops. What it does do is deliver the fastest shaves I know of with great ease, finish and accuracy. An absolute blinder as a razor. Just have to keep giving it a little nip now and then to prevent the blade from falling out. And yes it has. But this shave lived up to expectations and a cracking finish in an expedient manner. Team lather giving their usual soaping duties in their usual wonderful way.

Looking good (by my terms) and smelling great. The Abbate providing a superb air and enough pulling power to go crab fishing any day, or night, and a visit to the GU clinic a few days after.

Have a great evening chaps and if I say 'I love you all' it is probably best you give my love the cold shoulder. But if you want anything burning down just drop me a PM.

One week to go before a night of Beaver. The Otoboke type that is. My wife is going to give me a good slap when she finds out it there will be more gusset on show than an Anne Summers catalogue. Anyway, sorry to say it is going to have to be a whole week of Otoboke vids......

Back
Top Bottom