Handle to the wedge thickness: 6.5 mm
Blade Material: M2 HSS steel
Frame Material: steel C30
Handle material: African ebony
Wedge Material: cattle bone
Material pins: Nickel silver
External Material washers: brass
Material internal washers: AISI 316

The movement is free, but with the right strength, sharpen .... it was very long and complicated, I noticed that the trend microchipping easy, of course, as might be expected for a steel with hardness measured 66-67 HRC!
It is not recommended during sharpening implement shortcuts how many passes only one part, must arm themselves with patience, and perform classical sacred movements shown on all the old manuals.
Given the high hardness and the main characteristic of this material (wear) some of the harder stones seem to make him cool ..... if I had the diamond or ceramic stones I certainly did before ... but never mind!
I used one time and shave was good, obviously not enough to judge completely valid, but I'm sure I can further improve the sharpness, however I feel I can say that at the end of the adoption of material as a "strange" does not lead to real benefits, I'm sure that once held the wire perfectly sharp much longer than other traditional razors made of steel, the steel M2 also being very attached also has a mild " rust. "
The good thing is that during the grinding of the wafer there is no danger of accidentally temper but on the other hand it takes a life and a lot of sanding belts.
As for the details necessary to say that Browning is a little tricky, do not ruin it when sharpening I used a layer of adhesive tape is a technique I always use all my razors, as maintenance is necessary after each dry shaving and before storing pass a thin layer of Vaseline oil worth the appearance of fine rust on the frame.

Because after the preview i had this kind of problem
Your images may only be up to 900 pixels wide.
Other photos you can see here.

M2 Chemical Composition

C - 0,91
Si - 0,45
Mn - 0,40
Cr - 4,15
Ni - 1,90
V - 6,30
Co - 4,75
Preheat to 870 degrees to achieve uniform temperature to 1180 degrees and then Austenitizing of 5-15min.
Quenching in oil or salt, and three recoveries of 500 ° C.
The difference between HS and HSS is the content of Co.

For HSS then there is a greater resistance to high temperature hardness.

The increase in hardness at tempering temperatures of about 450-550 ° C is typical not only of HS and HSS, but in general for all highlinked steel, especially those good-contents high levels of alloying elements that give rise to carbides.

The increase in hardness at high temperatures is due to the fact that you have the precipitation of hard carbides (Mo, W, V, Cr, etc.). It forms a structure very similar wing sorbitol (which he formed at about the same temperature alloy steels), but there is no case of alloyed cementite precipitation of carbides, but above.

These carbides are more resistant to coalescence (especially Mo and W, especially in the presence of high levels of Co) and greater toughness and higher hardness than the cementite.

The effect of "secondary" but equally important finding of these temperatures is to gradually deplete the C and other alloying elements retained austenite, raising the horizon as a result Mf and allowing its martensitic transformation. Two findings in these ranges of T should be enough to transform any retained austenite into martensite and further favors the tempering of martensite transformation in martensite TCC.

For HS and HSS then strongly advised to take the tempering at high temperatures for this reason, in order to exploit the maximum hardness, wear resistance and strength and ability to maintain high hardness at elevated temperatures.
Note that, however, found in that range there is a reduction of corrosion and oxidation resistance wing just because you also have the precipitation of chromium carbides.

For this reason, for high-alloy, it is recommended that if you want to maintain the highest resistance to corrosion and oxidation, tempering temperatures below the range of secondary hardening.

Even warming up there is the phenomenon of hysteresis (a much lesser extent than during cooling) and this, for heating too fast, resulting in a shift to higher temperatures Ac1 limit (the one that is considered for Austenitizing steels examined, being hypereutectoid).
The stop at 850 ° C has the function to avoid thermal shock during heating and to allow better diffusion of alloying elements (in fact the rate of diffusion of atoms of Mo, W, Cr, etc is slower than that of C atoms).

Keep in mind that a higher hardening temperature can bring in a higher content of carbide solution, and then to exploit the secondary hardening.

The problem in HS and HSS is not only the high T (temperature) but also necessary to temper the long hold times, necessary to bring the solution to most of the carbides (though still a part of complex carbides always remains undissolved), having also the lowest rate of diffusion of various alloying elements.
For HS and HSS, however, the discovery is made in the range of secondary hardening in order to favor the complete precipitation of carbides and get the most out of steel, while maintaining high hardness and toughness in an absolute sense and, in particular, at high temperatures .
In addition, finding the range of secondary hardening is eliminated effectively (by running a series of multiple discoveries-3) retained austenite (martensite transformed first into TCC and then to martensite) and remove the internal stresses (as the cell returns to CCC), including improving the toughness (which are, in general, and super fast speed steels is very low).
The heating too fast, especially for the HS steels and HSS not only can cause thermal stress, but raises the threshold for Ac1 the phenomenon of hysteresis (hysteresis even if the warming is much less pronounced than is the case during the cooling ).
Hysteresis is the variation of the transformation points. And 'thanks to fenomenti hysteresis can assume that the steel, with appropriate cooling, structure, martensitic, bainitic or troositica.

For the machining of these steels I think it is useful to keep an electric furnace to 500 ° C for one hour without huge fluctuations in domestic ovens for cooking, which also rarely exceed 250 ° C. You could make up to 500 ° C a mass of sand or salt, suitable to absorb evenly and to maintain the temperature for a period of time. We sell salt to find all types of steels, and special treatment for those type marquenching and austempering, working in different temperature ranges depending on the type.

Back
Top Bottom