Straight razor question?

I have been given a few straight razors and would like to find out any information you straight shavers have to offer including price, there is no pitting as far as I can see on the razors, but they have small marks and stains which you would expect from razors of this age, the handles are in perfect condition, they are German and Sheffield made razors, they are Kropp, The Iron Duke that's the most decorative one with guilding and deceorative work on the spine of the razor, there's a Taylors witness 1000 special, and a Crown & sword German razor,

Jamie

Iron Duke German

The Taylors Witness 1000 Sheffield

The Crown and Sword Razor German

The Kropp Sheffield razor there are three of those all in very good order

Id say anywhere between £30-£60 the iron duke possibly getting a bit more.

It's hit and miss on ebay, i've seen good taylors go for £10 to £100 it depends on the condition a lot of the time.

Good pictures help a lot as well.

I'd say the W&B is the most collectable. The Kropp and C&S are both nice razors, but they're plentiful and there's no cult following for them (yet); Taylors aren't uncommon but are sought after by some people; the Iron Duke is fancy enough to pique the interest of Solingen lovers, provided the goldwash is in good nick.

The last one Kropp looks really nice, but dont know how much it worths, the first one looks like a really collectible one as well

I can´t add much to what Andy/Arrowhead allready has said. Maybe the all of them (maybe with the exception of the Solingen blade) seems to have been rather buffed.

Back
Top Bottom