Straight Razor Shave of the Day

Paine & Simpson cast steel 6/8

View attachment 112735
A desirable antique beauty! Even though I told myself I had enough straight...if this eternal beauty was within my range I would grab it... :LOL:
H. Diamond 8000 13/16 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Camomile & Lemon Preshave
Stirling Barbershop Shave Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Stirling Barbershop Splash
Stirling Barbershop Balm
Yaqi 30mm Synthetic Brush

View attachment 112763View attachment 112764View attachment 112765
What a beauty! Even though I told myself I had enough straight...I "needed" a purple scale razor and this has been in my sight for a while...:LOL:

20231030_122613.jpg
Baurmann 5/8 extra hollow round point.

It's great to get the straight out again. Was away yesterday so 2 days' growth to mow down, which pushed me to the straights rather than the last shave of my Treet DE blade in the Tech. Really enjoyed getting back to the real steel, although it was a little tuggy and no way was I going for the Fool's Pass ATG. I think it will benefit from a little tickle on the 8k/12k, which is what I remember from when I last used it, but had not had a chance to do so. A job for later, I think, but back on my to do list.

The Higlander TSR LE walnut/cashmere brush really was money well spent, it's my favourite synth now.

The RR Tuscan Oud works very well with it and has a strong scent, so it's good to follow with something that matches, in this case Al Aneeq Oud Sahara (think wood panelled libraries or old high-church cathedrals, it's quite frankincensey).

Back
Top Bottom