strop help

evening all
hope somebody can put my mind at rest,I bought a kropp of ebay at christmas sent it of to Neil and he made it all nice again,bought the practice strop at the same time lovely bit of kit any body starting out should get one of these.

Now im shure i have made all the normal mistakes not stropping fast enough ect though my technique has improved some what.
should the surface of the strop develop a bobley texture like mine or have i knackerd it <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36563266@N07/?saved=1">http://www.flickr.com/photos/36563266@N07/?saved=1</a><!-- m --> thanks for looking be kind :?

Thanks for the kind words!

I really haven't seen that texturing before - it looks almost as if you have been using the flesh sid of the strop rather than the smooth side? It's normal for the fat/oil to come to the surface after some stropping, but this just wipes off leaving a smooth surface again. I can't really see what could have made the smooth side go like that, other than some sort of scraping, but I'm sure you would have noticed that as you stropped. Bit mystified at the moment.

Regards,
Neil

Gave it a good blast on the strop this morning about 100 and glad to say its much improved no great tugging or skipping like before.In fact managed just about a full shave except for the tash area.just goes to show you should never presume :)

It's unlikely that you've done any damage, in fact the back can be used as an impromptu conditioning strop occasionally, so I'm told. Chances are you'll see further improvement over the next few shaves.

Arrowhead said:
It's unlikely that you've done any damage, in fact the back can be used as an impromptu conditioning strop occasionally, so I'm told. Chances are you'll see further improvement over the next few shaves.

Andy is quite right. In the unlikely event that any damage has occurred to the bevel, just send the razor back to me and I will re-hone it for just the price of return postage.

Regards,
Neil

Back
Top Bottom