Super-Max Super Platinum

I've still got some left over and feel they're good blades but seems like they're not made anymore? Anyone know what they're packaged/named as now?

Attachments

• IMG20230510135742.jpeg
    IMG20230510135742.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 5
I've still got some left over and feel they're good blades but seems like they're not made anymore? Anyone know what they're packaged/named as now?

If you have some time then Paul's great thread is worth having a look at

I think the closest production blade to the one you linked is the SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum. You can get them from here for a decent price.

If you have some time then Paul's great thread is worth having a look at

Will do!
You can get them from here for a decent price.

Yea' good site!

Looking forward to try Iridium.

You'll notice from my 'Six Weeks in SuperMax' that the SuperMax Super Platinum came out as a standout blade, for me. Nearest equivalent is going to be the Blue Diamond Super Platinum ... or better, the SuperMax Diamond Edge which I assume is the same blade, but something seems to give me a more memorable shave.

You'll notice from my 'Six Weeks in SuperMax' that the SuperMax Super Platinum came out as a standout blade, for me. Nearest equivalent is going to be the Blue Diamond Super Platinum ... or better, the SuperMax Diamond Edge which I assume is the same blade, but something seems to give me a more memorable shave.
I just picked up a 100 of the Diamond Edge blades since they are dirt cheap, and the first blade was enjoyable. I probably still prefer the old Blue Diamond Titaniums.

I just picked up a 100 of the Diamond Edge blades since they are dirt cheap, and the first blade was enjoyable. I probably still prefer the old Blue Diamond Titaniums.
What happened between the old Super Platinum and the new BD Super Platinum or Diamond Edge (same blade, I believe) is SuperMax brought in "new sputtering technology". Personally, I still think the old Super Platinum was a finer blade.

Yeah, the old BD Titanium was a smoooooth blade.

What happened between the old Super Platinum and the new BD Super Platinum or Diamond Edge (same blade, I believe) is SuperMax brought in "new sputtering technology". Personally, I still think the old Super Platinum was a finer blade.

Yeah, the old BD Titanium was a smoooooth blade.
I lucked into the BD Titaniums when Connaught was getting rid of them at some ridiculous price.

Back
Top Bottom