Taylors of bond street aftershave

I use Mr Taylor after shave, I quite like it. I use a few other TOBS after shaves as well, Eton College, Jermyn Street, and St James.

I like them but don't think the scent hangs around as long as my Floris JF.

I have sandalwood and eaton collage both smell pleasant and last a reasonable amount of time, eaton collage is like rubbing a lemon on your face initially but becomes more complex over time. Sandalwood feels quite oily to me and lasts longer than the EC imo.

The No 74 Victorian Limes is lovely in the summer. In fact, i am wearing it today!

As for the others, i haven't tried them as yet.

Halk said:
The 74 victorian limes... is that a lime smell on it's own, or is it more complex than that?

Ah, now you are asking. I think (note i say think as i have no experience in Basenotes style scent descriptions) that it is more complex than simply Lime. That being said, the lime is most definately there, with a vintage twist... See now, that doesn't make much sense to even me, but there we go.

I would say, if you like the lime scent and want something smelling of lime and a bit more, this is a lovely AS.

Sorry i can't be more help - hopefully someone else here with a more descriptive nose and eloquence will be able to add to this.

I think you have been very helpful, and I understand exactly what you mean!

I had a sniff at several lime colognes (T&H, Trumper etc) yesterday and didn't sniff that one. The ones I sniffed were all powerfully scented of lime, and smelt great, however I wanted something with a bit more to it than that.

I shall need to see about getting hold of a sample of that 74 to see if it's what I'm after.

Thank you very much AJP!

Back
Top Bottom