Tech June-kies 2024

Monday 10th June

AP1GczNF8ulkyDIFVeXNJrPxglWyoi3qX9hr3Xg6y80rE6U26V19ugd7xILt5l1XrY6QxsI8X8H78BoPH0fRP-yQbBraoeBdDfbaNrCz_M5bE-KCCFqcIJtL-mHCrPf0Le5cqupgKHZcx4zHC7uADuZc9Cxgnw=w800

Tabac (Veg 2021) Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1940s) Bakelite & Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (1)
Tabac (Vintage) Aftershave

Onwards into the 1940s for the second week and so glad I decided to use this bakelite Tech for the main part of the week. It's a super razor! The angle is more forcefully defined by the shape of the deep safety bar and that translates to a very consistent shave.

I'll probably pop the red brass cap from my pre-War onto it for a couple of shave this week.

Thursday 13th June

AP1GczMM7EfVmEsRpoQ2mnYbn30S_mzgH2t9Zt7d1eaABptEQQlAY0oE90Z1lNT9tZYZ06Syv-VzpVjkmvxeIJdlHlBJ1cnNguTThVjXI6MYgHzutMLNmHu7149nppKtoBtUO8KsPBQZ-UPNrGNsaUN4yEPHyw=w800

Tabac (Veg 2021) Shaving Soap & Goodfellas Smile (Omega) Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1940s) Bakelite & Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (1)

Carrying on with the same setup ... but switched to a 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (yellow pack) which immediately suits me better than the 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (green pack).

over half way through the month now and still really enjoying the daily shaves and haven't got bored of them. I'm looking forward to using my superspeed and new in July but still going to enjoy the rest of June wth the techs.

2024-06-16-10-50-45-080~3.jpg

I've sold the two aluminium base plate techs I started the month with so down to three. that flat bottom fat handle is the one I'm still tempted to get since I really like the flat bottom short comb new that I have. that and maybe a heavier ball end without aluminium base plate or handle. I can't imagine either would be drastically different to the three I have though so I should really stop here.

2024-06-16-10-52-02-188~3.jpg

I've been keeping the same brush and cream constant and will continue to do so for the rest of the month and rotate through these three with different blades.

so far I've used a BIC, nacet, matgicol, astra SP and a flydear. they were all great in the techs except the astra SP. I don't think they're for me. I still have the rest of a pack that I'm determined to get the hang of but I'll try them in different razors. I doubt I'll be getting any more.

anyway, on with the rest of the month with a 7o'clock sharpedge, 7o'clock super stainless, suneko, silver star and astra SS.

Last edited:
Sunday 16th June

AP1GczNwDJ_PqXV6d5HwbiqkPrMkn-F5HOuqc14lyAGtER6g2iynyK0u13Lq_1ygSiD_uo5Jc6qmJ319FD2MNBZH_MefxQ0hO1u1QUHFiuZIftZC_PCZjwlJPvJ7waOm61sWYVG1o5L-0CPTkNmDgB5gPxsFmw=w800

Tabac (Vintage) Shaving Soap & Omega 10005 Pure Bristle
Gillette Tech (1940s) Flat-Bottom/Twin Slot & Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (4)

Huge fun to have used a couple of 1940s Techs through the week with the main part of the week using a bakelite model switching in the brass top cap from the pre-War I was using the week previous. Lovely! That bakelite model is a super razor! Over the weekend, it's been a flat-bottom/twin-slotted version with a thin handle. Again, ruddy lovely! No tremendous surprise as that model is my favourite of the Techs.

Onwards into next week and into the 1950s where I'll be using a 1950s diamond base model.

Back
Top Bottom