The Shaving Restraint (TSR) 2023

I plan a year of restraint but do have my eye on a couple of purchases.

Keeping away from ebay will help no end. Keeping away from the forum would help too but I think that's a step too far!
I compensated for six or seven years of abstinence by overdoing it a bit in 2023.
I have obtained some lovely stuff; some to be used an enjoyed, some to be kept for an indefinite period either to be a 'museum piece' or to try out on a rainy day.
Only a couple of disappointing purchases out of a couple of dozen (estimated).
Will need to do an abstinent year for 2024 as some important life plans should be coming together, plus I want to really appreciate what I already have
I plan a year of restraint but do have my eye on a couple of purchases.

Keeping away from ebay will help no end. Keeping away from the forum would help too but I think that's a step too far!

Trying to resist getting a Razorock Hawk as I'm liking these Pro Guard blades. Can anyone suggest a cheap, UK-based razor for this type of blade? I don't want a folding straight-type razor. I really want the cheapest that's acceptable. The Parker of SEs!

Made it barring a bath soap purchase, if that counts. Interesting exercise, but I don't think I can do 2 years. All the same, making the best of what I already have was worth doing, and I'll think twice over future purchases.

Same here, no purchases apart from what needed replacing. It was very hard to start with as 2022 was very busy from a shaving gear purchasing point of view.
I'm not planning to continue with this in 2024 but the exercise has definitely placed my RAD in a dormant state :)
Based on some recent posts I have my eyes on couple of things but nothing too extravagant.

Epic fail from my side, I won't even tot up what I ended up getting otherwise I think I might be sick. I won't be pledging this year, but there's only a couple of things that I've got my beady eye open for if they end up on the market. New Sabre (if it looks decent) and a +++ plate for the vestige.

We shall see!

If it helps I haven't purchased any shaving items for around 3 years.
So instead of shaving stuff I've gotten into old paraffin lamps and stoves, and as a practical note I'm using my paraffin Aladdin lamp

( not the genie housing ones) to heat my living room, the cost of living has gotten so bad my wife refused to pay for her razor cartridges raiding my shaving stash for it's plunder, I had 2 new in packaging gillette contour plus razors that wife and daughter had away, I suppose I've gotten the last laugh since they're shaving with now vintage ish razors :LOL:

This may come as a bit of a shock to you all but I failed to adhere to the 2023 Shaving Restraint. In hindsight, forcing myself to do something was always destined to fail.

The den was reshuffled in 2023 and peak consumption had been achieved. I've found my procurement has slowed considerably in the past few months and the den now only has the items I really like - which is still an obscene amount! Annoyingly most of my 2023 purchases were disappointments and subsequently moved on. Probably a few more BST sales to be made in 2024 but no purchases planned with the exception of a current Highlander order.

Back
Top Bottom