thick or thin

I remember reading a post somewhere that a certain gent used a thin lather to shave with. Now I've tried this to the detriment of my chops, so now I face lather nice and thick. I like it this way as I can still dip the brush in hottish water and get a good surface for the razor to glide on. I know I've heard a lot say they give it a couple of swirls on the cake of soap enough for 1/2 doz passes but surely that's got to be the minority?

Some soaps n creme do different things and have different effects..Indian Cremes are gtting well known recognition....cheap..works well :mrgreen:

B

I like a nice thick lather for my first pass,passes two and three i use a thinner lather as the razor doesn't have to work so hard and i get a nice smooth shave,whether this keeps the blade a bit keener is anybody's guess but it works for me.

Dave.

As trainman said i like it nice an thick for the first pass then add a bit of water to thin it down a tadge for the following passes!! :D

Go back to the Mantic and Robert videos. One thick, one thin. Both expert shavers. Personally I like it a bit thicker than Robert, not quite as fluffy as Mantic. I simple enjoy it that way. It's not about effectiveness - both are probably just as good for that.

Pass one for is nice and thick. Second and third passes are a but thinner and are finished paint brush style if I feel like it!

Nice and thick is the way. It won't feel like a proper shave until then!

I prefer thick but take what the cream or soap offers up as they do vary a lot.
If I fancy a more leisurely and more luxurious shave I'll use a good cream knowing the lather will be ultra thick and creamy.
regards, beejay

I´m very happy with thick lather, it´s a nice feeling to see that chunky foam, but most often it´s a better shave with a thinner and slicker/more water lather.

Thick. Heavy whipped cream consistency at least... Note that I 'prehydrate' my stubble with extremely thin lather (I use a 'second rate' soap for that) while I whip up a bowl of shaving lather, which I apply directly over the, by then mostly gone, 'prehydration' lather.

henkverhaar said:
Thick. Heavy whipped cream consistency at least... Note that I 'prehydrate' my stubble with extremely thin lather (I use a 'second rate' soap for that) while I whip up a bowl of shaving lather, which I apply directly over the, by then mostly gone, 'prehydration' lather.

+1 Same here..

I can see the benefit of thin as you can see the hair a little easier, but if you shave well this shouldnt be a problem as small patches can always be sorted at a later pass.

But i have to use thick personally as my skin seems to pull the blade if not well lubricated with the soap, so personally thick everytime.

Back
Top Bottom