Trumpers Sandalwood - disappointing?

Bought (for a very decent price) a tube of the above on Fleabay.

Used it this morning with my New Forest 2221 and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

Not the best shave, on a second use Derby. A few weepers and a bit of burn on my neck (and I think I can only get two BBS' out of a Derby before binning it BTW).

Prior to this I've been using cheapo Poundland Real Shaving Co cream (which lathers up a treat) and Mitchells Wool Fat.

I put around an almond sized blob of cream into my bowl but seemed to have trouble finding the right consistency and when I thought it was right it just didn't give a great 'feel' like the wool fat does.

Not sure how the sandalwood stands up to the others, and I'll continue trying it but not a great first impression.

I've tried GFT, lime, violet and almond. I didn't think much of them either.

Violet and GFT smelt very nice but performance was sub par compared to TOBS.

I haven't used my trumpers sandalwood for a few months (I save it for special occasions) I never had any problems with it.

I think it comes out the same factory as your real shaving co. cream.

The only Trumpers I've tried in earnest was Coconut, and I always had good shaves with that, finished a whole bowl off. I daren't try Sandalwood though, it's SWMBO's least favourite scent for aftershaves and smellies.

Had much better luck with it tonight. Have found it doesn't require much water, but needs a hell of a lot of agitating with the brush.

Not sure it'll be my daily cream if I have to spend several minutes whisking like mad to get a good lather.

Nothing should be taking more than a minute or two.

I think it comes out the same factory as your real shaving co. cream.

Real shaving Co cream is made by Creightons. Is that who makes Trumper's creams? If so I'd be surprised at any problems, they make good stuff including TOBS creams and Truefitt and Hill creams.

Back
Top Bottom