Vetiver based shaving soap

Nanny's Silly Soap Vetiver is excellent - I love it - pure vetiver scent available in hard soap or softer soap, or you can get cedarwood and vetiver or lemon and vetiver combinations.

http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/category.php?id_category=6

Enjoy!

aseer_al3youn said:
Heya,
I've just come to appreciate vetiver and wonder if you recommend good vetiver-based shaving soap

and what about sandalwood

+1 on Creed Original Vetiver

Also worth a try is D R Harris Almond soap (NOT cream!!!). It is a very 'Earthy' scent, and when I smell proper Vetiver (such as Encre Noir) I get 'Earthy' from it.

doheuk said:
Nanny's Silly Soap Vetiver is excellent - I love it - pure vetiver scent available in hard soap or softer soap, or you can get cedarwood and vetiver or lemon and vetiver combinations.

http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/category.php?id_category=6

Enjoy!

aseer_al3youn said:
Heya,
I've just come to appreciate vetiver and wonder if you recommend good vetiver-based shaving soap

thanks for this

how is the cedarwood and vetiver compared to Cyril Salter Vetiver?

how is the scent?

and what about sandalwood

joe mcclaine said:

Also worth a try is D R Harris Almond soap (NOT cream!!!). It is a very 'Earthy' scent, and when I smell proper Vetiver (such as Encre Noir) I get 'Earthy' from it.

I have heard about Arlington by D R h. . have u tried any of them?

Burgundy said:
Blowing the budget here, but don't Creed do their Original Vetiver as a shaving soap?

Correct. I used to own it until earlier this month. Sold it on here if I remember correctly. Very good soap.

joe mcclaine said:

Talking of Harris soaps, perhaps Windsor could be a candidate. It has a bit of pepper and some other notes, but vetiver is there, albeit mildly.

nr73 said:
Nannies Vetyver soft soap is excellent stuff. :)

i have the hard soap - if you enjoy the vetyver scent this is a wonder to behold and at a good price too. 6 quid for 140 grams - it'll last for an age.

check jc's "posh scents for all" thread in the group buy section. the encre noir is a double hit of vetyver which you'll enjoy

Back
Top Bottom