What are you eating tonight?

Tall_Paul said:
Northam Saint said:
Exactly ! I recall as a lad visiting my grandparents. Grandad had a big garden he grew loads of fruit and veg. Down the bottom. Was a large rhubarb crown that he let grow and expand its self. We use to help him cut huge stalks some weighing in at a lb a stalk.

What about rhubarb fool ?

Fool is nice. I quite fancy trying rhubarb chutney, looks very easy to make.
Rhubarb and ginger ice lollies are nice

Some of this down by the water (Pacific Ocean):
24eup2r.jpg

Darkbulb said:
Some of this down by the water (Pacific Ocean):

The heck is that all about? Capers and lemon slice onna lox and bagel set up? Looks like something you'd be served in Sausalito or Tiburon. Plus, it's not even toasted! For God's sake man, you need that crunch and extra flavor. Next you will be telling me its not even Nova lox.

When I was a little kid and had gone fishing with my uncle the night before, on the way home we would sometimes stop for breakfast at a Chicago smokehouse/restaurant. The owner knew my uncle well and 50 years later I still kinda remember going into that smoke room and how it smelled.

So the one thing smoked there that you rarely see is jumbo shrimp and those I certainly have not forgotten. You probably haven't seen it but man, it's a great combo.

Sigh......when I lived in Marin I was friends with a restaurant owner who was also an abalone diver for fun. You have abalone before? He would cook a few of us a bunch of thin, lightly floured steaks quickly sauted in butter and served with lemon. Holy crap, it's better than lobster and crab, although Dungeness is pretty tasty in season.

Moishe

I've just finished cooking up a batch of chilli con carne. I make mine quite chunky, with rough chopped onions, bell peppers chopped in large pieces and oodles of tomatos left to cook down, with lots of smoked paprika, chillis, ginger, kidney beans and more.

I'll add the nagas later when I cook a batch of it for the second time, as only I like the hot stuff, the wife and children not so much.

I do love a nice bit of kofte. Had some stunning kofte in Egypt a few years back, I'd go back for that and the local breads, they are quite literally amazing.
ahh kofte in Egypt is usually pure class. Its frightening to see you pay around £10 in London for kofte curry containing 5 kofte! Just made 80, I will post some over ;)

Exactly! I ate like a king for £10 a night! 3 courses, drinks then coffee after the meal, in a 5* hotel in Luxor....it would be rude not to.
Nice! I do miss homemade fresh flat bread, I like to have a Guiness loaf with my kofte (soda bread without the bicarb but guiness instead) great stuff.

Sat Night
Venison casserole, green beans, carrots, creamy mash.
Meat brought fresh from Butchers at Venison farm- very nice,won`tbe the last visit. Under a Fiver a Pound !

Back
Top Bottom