What are you eating tonight?

Similar to @isaiah53 ... we had crushed new potatoes with cabbage, carrots and peas. Poached salmon and I made up a quick cream sauce with the poaching liquor. Capers on top, coz ... er, coz I like 'em.
Remember as a youngster, my Mum doing us a meal with poached Dee Salmon - no farmed stuff then. I do prefer poached Salmon
over other methods.

Remember as a youngster, my Mum doing us a meal with poached Dee Salmon - no farmed stuff then. I do prefer poached Salmon
over other methods.

Mrs likes poached and will often leave some (she gets same sized portions as me) which she'll pop in the fridge overnight to flake over something or other for lunch. Personally, I prefer pan-fried and actually coloured my poached fillet in some butter just before service.

Much of what I put together for dinner comes down to things that I can cook while I'm doing other things. Poaching can be on low and slow from earlier on in the evening and put together with some vegetables boiled/steamed just before we want to eat. I'm quick at sauces.

I like Trout as well - not as plentiful in supermarkets.

Mrs likes poached and will often leave some (she gets same sized portions as me) which she'll pop in the fridge overnight to flake over something or other for lunch. Personally, I prefer pan-fried and actually coloured my poached fillet in some butter just before service.

Much of what I put together for dinner comes down to things that I can cook while I'm doing other things. Poaching can be on low and slow from earlier on in the evening and put together with some vegetables boiled/steamed just before we want to eat. I'm quick at sauces.

I like Trout as well - not as plentiful in supermarkets.
Not since they closed their Fish counters, see Morrisons if one near you.

I will be having a Marks and Spencer lasagne... specifically "Our Best Ever Lasagne".

I am impressed that they are able to see all iterations of their product into the future, and be able to claim they will never improve upon the current recipe.
It invariably means any changes they might make (and unlike them I cannot see into the future, so I'm only assuming they make any changes) must be, by their own standards, some reduction in whatever makes it the best.

I'm matching it with their "Third best Cabernet Sauvignon" and their "least good garden salad".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom