What are you listening to?

I always put this whole album on when I need to really relax. Contemplations of the timelessness of nature.
It often sends me to sleep (in fact I slept through some of this just now, woke up and thought I'd mention it).
The soundtrack to the film of the same name.

It's a classic for sure.

Definitely give the Disco Elysium OST a listen if you've not already... Odds are you'll love it (also by British Sea Power)

Kinky was a crazy SOB, he died just a couple of days ago from Parkinson's.

"Friedman served two years in the United States Peace Corps, teaching in Borneo, Indonesia with John Gross. During his service in the Peace Corps, he met future road manager Dylan Ferrero, with whom he worked for the remainder of his life. Friedman lived at Echo Hill Ranch, his family's summer camp near Kerrville, Texas. He founded Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch, also located near Kerrville, whose mission is to care for stray, abused and aging animals; more than 1,000 dogs have been saved from animal euthanasia.

Reflecting on a very important gig last night. The first big show for my 15 year old daughter. Just the two of us, bonding over tunes. She is a real indie kid - just like her parents. The Scarborough Outdoor Theatre. Spectacular spot. Along with The Piece Hall in Halifax - amazing outdoor locations for summer gigs. We are blessed in Yorkshire. Real emotional watching her reaction to some of her favourite artists. 3 on the bill. A track from each. A happy weekend. Into double figure for seeing The Charlatans - however, Johnny Marr was unbelievable. I'm speechless Rob, @Blackmass

Richard

Reflecting on a very important gig last night. The first big show for my 15 year old daughter. Just the two of us, bonding over tunes. She is a real indie kid - just like her parents. The Scarborough Outdoor Theatre. Spectacular spot. Along with The Piece Hall in Halifax - amazing outdoor locations for summer gigs. We are blessed in Yorkshire. Real emotional watching her reaction to some of her favourite artists. 3 on the bill. A track from each. A happy weekend. Into double figure for seeing The Charlatans - however, Johnny Marr was unbelievable. I'm speechless Rob, @Blackmass

Richard

Hi Richard,

Sounds like a very special night for you both, and what a first gig(!) for your daughter, very cool.

My first concert was Stataus Quo at the NEC 1982.

I saw Johnny with Gaz Coombes in April at the Civic Wolverhampton. I knew Johnny would be amazing per usually, but Gaz Coombes was class too.

Glad you both had a top night.

Cheers
Rob

Back
Top Bottom