What made your day a crap one??

How about last week: On Monday I took my car for its pre-winter service and asked that they check the hood/bonnet latch as it was sticking and hard to engage properly. It's corroded and has to be replaced at cost of $300, but the car is 14 years old. Monday evening I notice water under the refrigerator, so I turn off the water supply to the ice-maker and water dispenser and drain the system or so I think...leak continues. Call around frantically for a repairman, but the earliest I can get one is Tuesday morning. Repairman replaces the solenoid valve at the bottom of the refrigerator and tells me it's nearly impossible to drain the refrigerator. Cost of parts and labour is $415, leak fixed, but that's not the worst of it: the kitchen flooring is hardwood strips...not water compatible. Finish of the flooring only minimally affected but it has started to cup. Visit the supplier of the flooring only to learn that the flooring (white oak) is no longer available and learn from the manufacturer that they don't have any n.o.s. lying around; the flooring is 18 years old...what to do now???$$$$$$. Friday evening SWMBO advises that the toilet in the master bath won't stop running. I turn off the water supply, drain the tank and disassemble the fill valve to clean it; everything back together, but toilet still running. Test the flap and flush valve but both functioning properly. I conclude that I'll have to get a plumber in so I check the other 3 toilets in the house and find that 2 of the 3 are not functioning properly. Monday, call the plumber and he'll have to get parts in because they're all Toto toilets; he'll be here Thursday at noon. Don't know the cost yet, but estimate at $500. If it's true that bad things happen in 3's then that's all for us, at least for now. Needless to say, we're very concerned about the kitchen floor damage and the cost associated with it.

Not crap on the whole but put a dampener (pun intended) on my day.

Spilled an almost full cup of coffee, some on my office chair, some on the floor but mostly on my trousers. Now have to cope with a wet arse and leg for next hour and a half. It's now cold, uncomfortable coffee. Grand.

You get to drink ( or spill ) coffee at work ? Positively decadent !

JohnnyO. o/

I was going to hit ' like ' Rufus, then I thought what kind of impression would it make on you to think I liked a tale of woe like this ! Hope that's your share of bad fortune all used up for the next 20 years.

JohnnyO. o/
Thanks for the sentiment JohnnyO. I wouldn't take umbrage at your hitting 'like', as I know the spirit in which it would have been done.

Hiya,

Early Wednesday morning I was closing the car trunk lid and slammed it on the end of my index finger, promptly severing a good half inch off the tip. Made the mistake of looking at the damage to make sure it was an Emergency Room situation and it sure as hell was nasty with lotsa blood at first glance. Drove to the hospital and was there three hours with the staff trying to stop the bleeding and to figure out exactly what issues my poor finger had. .

Had the surgery done yesterday and now have a finger with no nail ever again and a bit shorter than it was on Tuesday. Luckily it happened to my 'dumb' left hand so the shaving thing's still ok. Got a busted bone and one that was snipped back to help put some stitches in the wound.Clumsy and stupid accidents.....that's the ER's bread and butter. Sheesh.

Martin

Hiya,

Early Wednesday morning I was closing the car trunk lid and slammed it on the end of my index finger, promptly severing a good half inch off the tip. Made the mistake of looking at the damage to make sure it was an Emergency Room situation and it sure as hell was nasty with lotsa blood at first glance. Drove to the hospital and was there three hours with the staff trying to stop the bleeding and to figure out exactly what issues my poor finger had. .

Had the surgery done yesterday and now have a finger with no nail ever again and a bit shorter than it was on Tuesday. Luckily it happened to my 'dumb' left hand so the shaving thing's still ok. Got a busted bone and one that was snipped back to help put some stitches in the wound.Clumsy and stupid accidents.....that's the ER's bread and butter. Sheesh.

Martin
Did you find the severed digit in the trunk? I bet you won't be doing that again.....at least not to that finger! :) P.

Back
Top Bottom