What made your day a crap one??

COVID has arrived at our house. Wife and eldest are a few days in with it. My chest is tightening and the youngest seems to be going the same way.
Ahh bugger!
Hope you are all not too affected by it Chris, get well soon all of you.
Heart Love GIF

COVID has arrived at our house. Wife and eldest are a few days in with it. My chest is tightening and the youngest seems to be going the same way.
How many shots and boosters have you had? The CDC now says that the first two shots did nothing. And no matter what you do you can be infected and be contagious. Get better and stay better my friend, how young is the youngest?

The temperature/pressure relief valve on our gas water heater blew this morning because the potable water expansion tank on our plumbing system failed. Water spilled over the basement floor, but thankfully it is flowing into the floor drain and not (yet) the finished part of the basement. I’m now waiting for the plumber to arrive to replace both. The joys of home ownership.
What's an expansion tank?

Keep your spirits up, all of you.

Ahh bugger!
Hope you are all not too affected by it Chris, get well soon all of you.
Heart Love GIF

How many shots and boosters have you had? The CDC now says that the first two shots did nothing. And no matter what you do you can be infected and be contagious. Get better and stay better my friend, how young is the youngest?
Thanks chaps. Kids seem to be taking it like any other virus. Moments of lethargy followed by moments of fighting over their toys.

I'm asthmatic but triple jabbed so hopefully that restrains it somewhat.

Next door have lost a couple off roof tiles, one had cracked one of my garage roof tiles which has slipped, Just been up on the garage roof, mixed some apoxy and glued it back into place to keep the roof integrity.
Got back down,
They have lost the ridge tiles from their porch, they have now lost the front fence and their heavy brick pillar holding it up, luckily none of it not came my way and hit my car (its now been moved).
Back out the back to shore up and keep main back garden fence up.
It's blowing a hoolie up here.

Last edited:
Next door have lost a couple off roof tiles, one had cracked one of my garage roof tiles which has slipped, Just been up on the garage roof, mixed some apoxy and glued it back into place to keep the roof integrity.
Got back down,
They have lost the ridge tiles from their porch, they have now lost the front fence and their heavy brick pillar holding it up, luckily none of it not came my way and hit my car (its now been moved).
Back out the back to shore up and keep main back garden fence up.
It's blowing a hoolie up here.
Not too bad where we are - the only thing that blew away in our garden was the paddling pool I've been promising to take back inside since August:rolleyes::whistle:

It’s a small tank (ours is 2 gal) that is installed on the water intake line, which prevents pressure surges in the system. If you are on a municipal water system the water pressure in the system can fluctuate usually higher at night.
I've installed a boatload of pressure relief valves between the water meter and a house, never seen a tank. You can adjust the max PSI with the valve. Are tanks a Canadian thing?

Back
Top Bottom